Sylvia Massey lighting up a pickle

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They do that when you add ac through them. I researched that in science class back when I was in school. Think sodium light bulb. I sent her all the science stuff as to why it happens and no one is 100% Positive the reason, just a bunch of possibilities science has not agreed on yet. .
As to how it effects an amp? I wonder if it is like a load limiter bulb? 

The pickle is fun, and shows her adventurous spirit.
But, it's her combination of recording skills, combined with technical knowledge, which is uplifting.

fwiw the pickle will not last long and will eventually cook  ;)

I also knew a few engineers who thought the idea was the most idiotic thing they heard until I mentioned Sylvia Massey was the one behind it. Then their attitude changed to how brilliant an idea it is. 

There once were devices to heat up a hotdog sausage that way. Real simple. Just a forked rack with either side connected to mains power. Do these still exist in commerce?

She is one of my favorite producers and had been for years. Her Q and A on Gearslutz was extremely informative. Plus she's funny.

cyrano said:
There once were devices to heat up a hotdog sausage that way. Real simple. Just a forked rack with either side connected to mains power. Do these still exist in commerce?

I'm a kid from the 1960's and my Mom got one of those hotdog cookers as a gift Back Then.  She tried it a few times, then put it away  LOL.

Bri

She not only cooks pickles, but all kinds of stuff in order to get those funky, fuzzy sounds...

Back