Thomson-Houston EQ

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volker

A friend gave me two of these to put in proper connectors and get them up and running. All I could find out about them is this is the manufacturer. If anybody has some information or even a schematic that would be great.

The unit is built completely with germanium transistors, 12x 2N34 to be specific. That probably dates it to being built in the 50s. Input and output iron and two ferrite cores. Caps are a mix of paper in wax and electrolytics. A very intricate build, quite a lot of parts that can't be changed directly without removing others. Haven't even switched it on yet, just wanted to share some pictures of this historic piece.

The legends of Basses and Aigues made me search for a french connection. Actually, CFTH was the French subsidiary of the Thomson-Houston Electric Company.
Thomson was a household name in France; they had a pro audio division too. I remember they had built the PA system for the Olympia theater in Paris, but I was not aware they had produced that type of equipment, although I knew they also had a broadcast division.

Thomson still exists. They have retired the Thomson name for household electrics though. These days, they manufacture IT equipment under that brand.

Back