Probably the last EZTubeMixer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruffrecords

I recently delivered  what is probably the last EZTubeMixer:

Mixer-Overview-Front.png

It is a straightforward 6 into 2 all tube mixer fitted with four channel modules. The modules are 70mm wide just as in the EZTubeMixer but under the hood things are quite different. The motherboard uses the new pin out for the Mark 3. The front panel and module construction uses the Mark 3 techniques and the EQ is the REDDPLUS developed for the Mark 3. The channel board is a regular 6U EZTubeMixer type with the connector modified to fit a Mark 3 motherboard.

Cheers

Ian

I'm starting salivating again.  :eek:

What I always wondered about, is "Why six channels?" Not eight. Six seems too few to me.

cyrano said:
I'm starting salivating again.  :eek:

What I always wondered about, is "Why six channels?" Not eight. Six seems too few to me.
Basic mechanics really. The tubes are horizontal so it turns out the modules have to be about 70mm wide and you can only get six of them in a 19 inch rack. The new Marks 3 has vertical tubes so you can squeeze them into a 35mm wide module. Now you can get 12 in a standard 19 inch frame - enough for 8 channels and a decent output section.

Cheers

Ian

Great design, Ian.  The modular panels already had me thinking "I could fit it with larger VUs", "what can go in those two right spaces?" and "maybe add a padded leather wrist rest below the pots."!  For sure an 8 channel tube mixer in 19" rack will sell like fish & chips  ;D

mjrippe said:
Great design, Ian.  The modular panels already had me thinking "I could fit it with larger VUs", "what can go in those two right spaces?" and "maybe add a padded leather wrist rest below the pots."!  For sure an 8 channel tube mixer in 19" rack will sell like fish & chips  ;D

If you use  35mm channels the pots would not be very big - obviously less than 35mm across unless you stagger them or something and that might be an ergonomic disaster. . But regular faders fit in nicely.

I am building the first 8 channel prototype right now.

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
I wondered if you would guess from the logo and knowing you are in NC.

Cheers

Ian

I’ve done a bunch of work for that label.  Hopefully I’ll get to see/hear it.  Looks great. 

EmRR said:
I’ve done a bunch of work for that label.  Hopefully I’ll get to see/hear it.  Looks great.
I have been dealing with Dolph. Give him my best if you get there. I have visited their web site but it is singularly lacking in gear pics so I have no idea what they already have.

Cheers

Ian

Back