Union Pacific Big Boy 4014 may be coming to your town

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Roth

I am psyched!  Right time and right place for me November 20/21!  The old Salina train station is less than a mile from my house.

https://www.up.com/heritage/steam/schedule/index.htm?fbclid=IwAR0yRHyD4c3PWQbcmaLLjpWZP9GyNjlEypw7WhFU90KE95n2ZmaLLThSv6M

I can hardly wait!!!

Bri

The stop here in Salina is also just a few block away from the Quality Record Pressing factory and the Acoustic Sounds offices/warehouse.  I suspect all those folks will be outside those days to watch!

Bri

> I can hardly wait!!!

On a far smaller scale-- 2 weeks ago we rode the historic (1871–2007) Belfast and Moosehead Lake Railroad. Well, actually it never got as far as Moosehead, and was kicked-out of Belfast in 2005 when the railroad couldn't pay its lease. But a tourist train runs the middle route seasonally. And for the MOGFA Fair they run a shuttle which avoids much walking from faraway parking lots.
It's not what it used to be. Since steam went out of style they ran a couple of switch-yard small Diesels (GE 70-ton), but a model which breaks its cranks. This year they brought in a huge main-line Diesel (EMD GP7), far more HP than 3 cars on crooked track could need. The cars: all their historic rolling stock has been given to the squirrels and pigeons, and we rode in 1970s cars labeled and clearly made in Norway or Sweden. (I wish I'd got pictures of the label on the emergency pull.)
Poor footage from 1980s of BML #54 70-ton on the manual turntable in (literally) Belfast harbor, then running out of town.

Back