8 way RCA phono to XLR loom

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruffrecords

I am trying to find an 8 way RCA phono to XLR loom. Only needs to be a couple of metres  long. I can find plenty of phono to jack ones but none with XLRs.

Edit: I can find audiophool ones with two ways but they are silly prices.

Cheers

ian

Not sure what xlr connectors you were looking for??

something here but US..

https://www.ametron.com/cable-up-cu-su403-10-xlr-male-to-rca-male-audio-snake-8-channel

I saw some Cable Up ones on Amazon too....

I looked up snake...

I've never used Redco but I think you can have them custom make anything you want and they're pretty reasonable.... Not sure about shipping or whatever though.....

Maybe someone here can whip you up something..

Following your post I searched for XLR Male to RCA Male Audio Snake. Ebay came up with one and I thought great - then I realised it was from the USA!. Postage cost was more than the cost of the snake. I will keep looking.

Edit: I could always get an RCA to jack loom/snake, cut off the moulded jacks and fit XLRs myself. Might be the simplest answer in the long run.

Cheers

Ian

Ricardus said:
This is pretty straight-forward to make. Is there a reason you aren't doing that?

Got loads of more interesting things to do. Why waste time making something I can buy cheap??

Cheers

Ian

Ricardus said:
I was technical director at an audio cabling company here in the states. Any one you can buy cheap isn't worth owning.

You are correct. Cheap is not really a requirement. I would just rather buy one than build one. I absolutely detest soldering RCA plugs so I have zero desire to go down any route that involves that process.

Cheers

Ian

Get a more readily-available RCA-to-1/4"-jack one, and solder on XLR's, if (or since) they're less unpleasant to solder? :)

ruffrecords said:
You are correct. Cheap is not really a requirement. I would just rather buy one than build one. I absolutely detest soldering RCA plugs so I have zero desire to go down any route that involves that process.

Cheers

Ian

Khron said:
Get a more readily-available RCA-to-1/4"-jack one, and solder on XLR's, if (or since) they're less unpleasant to solder? :)
I just found a good quality RCA to RCA 10 footer on eBay so I will chop one end off and wire in some XLRs.

Cheers

Ian

Latest posts

Back