digikey vs. mouser and project pricing

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mort

fist off hello, I've been lurking for a while and finally registered. You guys rock. What a cool comunity.

Any whoo, Ive just used Mouser for projects before, they've always been great. Interested in pricing, inventory, service experiences between the two.

I think it would be a HUGE benifit to give a budget guide for some of the more popular projects. that would help me narrow down the options. I'm waffeling between the G9 and the green, but it would be cool to get a cost aproximation (4ch green pre or 2 ch of G9 =~ $400) just a thought

did I mention you guys rock....

thanks

hi, and welcome! :thumb:

for my experiences, even though that these are both huge companies, sometimes neither have the part your looking for since their stock changes constantly. unless there are pretty easy to find parts, i dont think one company usually has the cheapest/availability of all parts.
i usually go with mouser for as many parts as i can, i like their website better and shipping is crazy fast.

goodluck.
taylor

Oh man... Digi-Key's parametric search engine is totally invaluable! Mouser just returns every possible result found under that keyword, which frankly isn't always very helpful.

In general I find Mouser's prices to be better for small quantities, but Digi-Key's prices often beat Mouser's for the same item once you're ordering in greater quantity.

Digi-Key's website/catalog often has more detailed descriptions than Mouser's, which I appreciate.

Still, sometimes I find myself going to Newark or Allied Electronics for stuff I can't find at either of the others.

When you're doing a lot of parts ordering, it's often best to have two browser windows open (one for Digi-Key and one for Mouser) and search by the manufacturer's part number.

Welcome to the Lab!

-E.

Latest posts

Back