Personal Monitoring System

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

livingnote

Hey Gang,

first off thanks to the CnB rats who waited patiently while I disappeared into nowhere
but came back with this thing...thing was, we were having neighborly difficulties with
working studio from out of the apartment and so had to design a mobile recording setup...
and that included some kind of monitoring system.

Obviously you're best off just handing that asylum over to the inmates by giving everyone a
personal monitor, and I love the ADAT to Cat5 solutions out there but...

All things are more fun when they're DIY so here goes...

personalmonitorpcb1.jpg

personalmonitorproto.jpg

It's 1206 SMD, has 8 stereo channels plus power over D-Sub25 and features two miniaturized Gyraf
high-power headphone amplifiers and a LM3915/16 stereo LED meter.

Obviously it doesn't have stuff like personal FX and reverb of the digital units but what it does have
is Bourns PT90s and your choice of opamps.

They are fed from a core rack unit that turns 8 stereo channels balanced into 3x 8 stereo channels
unbalanced, and you can daisy chain them, power included, making it a true star ground system.

Let me know what you think  8)

personalmonitorpcb2.jpg

I've been searching for an ADAT-to-WiFi DIY Personal Monitoring System and came across this page.
As far as I understood this one is 100% analog, right?
Any new ideas/learnings you can share over the last 2 years of experience with this build?

Back