Death of Ginger Baker

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveP

One of the world's best drummers died today aged 80.

I will never forget the Cream's first gig at the  Marquee Club in August 66, they were on another level.

Thank you for the stunning music, RIP

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-49827436

DaveP

I saw ginger In Cream. In 1968 .  Denver 1968, at the Family Dog.  Ginger was amazing, or should I say they all were as Dave said,” On another level”.  Stunning!

Later he moved to Colorado and came into the studio I worked at.  I worked days and another engineer work nights and did the session.  We were all amazed to have one of the greatest drummers in the studio.   

RIP Ginger !

I never saw Cream live (unfortunately) but I did watch their farewell concert at the Albert Hall on TV. Awesome. I recorded it with a mic stuck in front of the TV speaker. I still have the tape which includes a great section of Ginger being interviewed about his style of drumming. The interview asked Ginger to demonstrate some drum pattens to which Ginger replied "What, at this time of the morning?"

Cheers

Ian

L´Andratté said:
RIPLet´s say, I don´t envy Satan right now. :-X
Maybe it comes with the territory of being a drummer: Bonham, Baker, Moon...

Bonham's son Jason was the drummer in a band I played in back when and, while not as extreme or in any way violent like his dad could be, Jason could certainly out-crazy me or the others at the time.

Winston O'Boogie said:
Maybe it comes with the territory of being a drummer: Bonham, Baker, Moon...

Bonham's son Jason was the drummer in a band I played in back when and, while not as extreme or in any way violent like his dad could be, Jason could certainly out-crazy me or the others at the time.

I think it's more musician/artist in general, it varies in degrees from bad to worse....

I got to see Ginge play the drums at the local Jazz festival a few years ago ,
80 is a good innings for rock n roll .

Latest posts

Back