Apb stolen guitar, junior brown.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

Looks like someone stole junior’s custom guit-steel, old yeller.

Junior Brown has had his "guit-steel" double neck guitar stolen in the area of North Attleboro Massachusetts.  Anyone here in the Northeast Boston, Rhode Island, New York area please send out an alert as we need to get this back to him ASAP.

edit: I had the wrong guitar, looks like it was Big red. Same design but in red.

Going to be hard to fence that. I don't know what it is, but  you can see it coming a mile away.

guit-steel-5358596741_3161bddda1_z.jpg

Yes.... Old yeller was the first one like that and it is yellow. He also has a second one called big red. He designed them and they were custom built by a luthier.  Eventually they were licensed as a design but to my knowledge at that price, they are few and far between.

There's a $400 guit-steel got from eBay. But if someone walks in your pawn-shop this year with any contraption like this, you'll want iron-clad proof of ownership.

Junior claimed the idea came to him in a dream. Michael Stevens built them.

Hope he get his guitar back.

Seeker said:
Damn, out of all guitars to swipe...  I think Big Red is the original Guit steel...

old yeller was the original one. then  years later they made big red. old yeller up until recent events was being used as a museum display piece.  Big red was red but between lights, sweat and use is more brown color.

He has a new one  that is a 10 string steel he plays standing up and has pedals along side a stick of a guitar. I posted it not too long ago. I guess he is not ready to tour with it  yet.

Well that settles it pucho, you’re on my team for country music trivia  ;D.

Yea I saw his new one with the pedals... I can see why it will take some time to use that one on stage, it blows my mind how he plays the current guit steel and sings... can’t imagine adding pedals... 

Back