UTC H-9986 values?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zebra_PD

Hi!

Got a couple of mystery UTC irons for cheap when I bought some other parts from a seller on ebay. Played less then 5$ each.

Trying to figure out the specs of these but get a bit confused looking at the specs written on them. Perhaps someone can help me out and/or guide me through how to measure them.

My best guess is that they are 1:1 600:600 ohms but that part with the splits and +9 DPM makes me wonder if they might have another ratio?

Attachments

• 20191009_191520.jpg
    20191009_191520.jpg
    466.6 KB · Views: 12
Two primary coils ,tabs 2&3 should be joined for 600ohm ,1+3 ,2+4 for step up
Center tapped secondary , 100-3500(HZ) relates to working frequency  ,
+9dbm is max level .
If you have an audio interface with balanced in and out you could hook the transformer in and see how it looks in a program like REW .

Pair of 250Ω resistors in series to the primary side taps and a 620Ω resistor across the output taps will show you what it actually does in a true 600Ω environment, at least close enough.  Compare to modern bridging response with 50-200Ω source drive and 10KΩ load to see the range of environmental effects. 

Thx for the reply and the tip on REW software and a interface! Guess using that software I could make out the ratio?

So you guys think it could be wired as an step up transformer?

In that case perhaps could it be used in a PM670 build as an input iron?

Latest posts

Back