PG&E in the north, Edison in the south and California's electrical grid

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

Well it's that time of year again, fire season.

The latest in electrical companies managing California is, they have decided to turn the grid off  leaving hundreds of thousands without power purely on high risk fire days. While I do get why, they are trying to avoid the massive destruction we had last year., I don't see it as option for the long run.  What I don't understand is not one person was charged not one company held accountable in the whole grand scheme of things. Sure PG&E agreed to pay 11 billion in insurance for the damages but they also get to raise the rates to get it all back according to our state government.  I don't understand why they can't address the problem, or at least show that they are attempting to address the problem vs the band aid of just turn the grid off for a few days.

There may be some gamesmanship going on, but I think they are bankrupt...

This is the result of years of under maintenance. Not going to fix it overnight, and they probably want taxpayers to kick in.

JR

JohnRoberts said:
There may be some gamesmanship going on, but I think they are bankrupt...

This is the result of years of under maintenance. Not going to fix it overnight, and they probably want taxpayers to kick in.

JR

oh yes they do and while I do agree it won't get fixed over night,  the appearance is that they did not do any fixing since last year other then to restore the grid to pass power in places where it was damaged from fire.

pucho812 said:
oh yes they do and while I do agree it won't get fixed over night,  the appearance is that they did not do any fixing since last year other then to restore the grid to pass power in places where it was damaged from fire.
I have no love for my local utility saddling us with a cost over-run white elephant clean coal plant,  :eek: but they have had crews out clearing trees and kudzu, and whatever from around our local power lines. (Not as much a fire hazard issues as to avoid storm caused power interruptions).

I have not cared enough to dig into the PG&E sitch, but it seems they have been mismanaged for a very long time.

Good Luck

JR

JohnRoberts said:
I have no love for my local utility saddling us with a cost over-run white elephant clean coal plant,  :eek: but they have had crews out clearing trees and kudzu, and whatever from around our local power lines. (Not as much a fire hazard issues as to avoid storm caused power interruptions).

I have not cared enough to dig into the PG&E sitch, but it seems they have been mismanaged for a very long time.

Good Luck

JR

YES  they have been and the kicker is the ceo got a bonus this past year in the millions.  :mad:

Latest posts

Back