AES 2019 NYC

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

I lucked out and didn't make it this year.  Didn't really hear a peep on the forum which was surprising.

I have already seen the post trickle in.
So far it looks like if you managed to eek out a name working in pro audio,  slap it on something and then sell it at an over inflated price.  If you didn't  manage to eek out a name yet, then you are probably buying the something with the name slapped on it. 

On the upside looks like API is showing off les Paul's API desk that he owned in 1971.  I'm sure it recorded all kinds of things.  ::)

An old friend of mine is presenting a session about loudspeaker crossover design, but I don't expect there to be many speaker geeks around here.

Once again I will not attend...

JR

The show has gotten progressively smaller over the years seemingly. 

I’ll be in the AP demo room (1E01 downstairs) if anyone wants to stop by to say “hi”.  I’m giving a presentation on making speaker and microphone measurements outside of an anechoic chamber today at 3pm in our room and my colleague Dan Foley will be discussing studio equipment testing with our new software+sound card analyzer this morning at 11am.

-Tony

spica said:
The show has gotten progressively smaller over the years seemingly. 

I’ll be in the AP demo room (1E01 downstairs) if anyone wants to stop by to say “hi”.  I’m giving a presentation on making speaker and microphone measurements outside of an anechoic chamber today at 3pm in our room and my colleague Dan Foley will be discussing studio equipment testing with our new software+sound card analyzer this morning at 11am.

-Tony
I remember decades ago when the NYC AES show was held in a hotel (Waldorf?).

It got big before it got smaller again. Now it looks like they are combining with the NAB to fill up more of Javitts convention center.

I liked that the AES was not just an industry trade show (at least it wasn't) but a general interest all things audio technology covering multiple disciplines.

JR

they have been doing the small NAB and AES for several years now. You can get a pass that brings you into both. The big NAB show is around April in los Vegas.  More people go to that because of Vegas and less because of NAB me thinks.

today's aes question was what will the manufactures doing when their clones and facing an oversaturated market with the same clones from other companies?

Latest posts

Back