Troubleshooting Steady State 100hz hum in microphone.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SparkleBear

GDIY Supporter
Hey all,

I have a MK67 here converted from a tlm67 to u67 from Max. I built my own power supply for it from dany's d67 kit.
I have a steady state 100hz hum in the signal. I swapped out the capsule and head basket, I swapped the tubes, i swapped the output cap... none of which solved the issue. It doesn't seem to be an issue of shielding either... i also checked on different xlr cables, different mic preamps and different converter inputs...

Any tips in tracking this down? Possibly something in the PSU? Mic Transformer?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

CHEERS! :)

HarmonyUnited said:
Hey all,

I have a MK67 here converted from a tlm67 to u67 from Max. I built my own power supply for it from dany's d67 kit.
I have a steady state 100hz hum in the signal. I swapped out the capsule and head basket, I swapped the tubes, i swapped the output cap... none of which solved the issue. It doesn't seem to be an issue of shielding either... i also checked on different xlr cables, different mic preamps and different converter inputs...

Any tips in tracking this down? Possibly something in the PSU? Mic Transformer?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

CHEERS! :)

Hello

I want to say check PSU and rectifier, but your location make me doubt...  60Hz country ...

Best
Zam

Latest posts

Back