quantum ground lifter

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello

This kind of product should be prohibited...
One can die if the equipment have a fault
It's a shame :mad:

Best
Zam

As stated, they don't lift the ground.

It's just an adapter. Nothing in there. Of course, it's been "quantum" treated. Something involving a million volts...  ;)

cyrano said:
As stated, they don't lift the ground.

It's just an adapter. Nothing in there. Of course, it's been "quantum" treated. Something involving a million volts...  ;)

As stated in their title "quantum ground lifter" but no matter must be lower current otherwise they would melt the plastic.  ;)

I live in a house where some of the wiring is still two prong, so I have a bunch of these lying around, so what part do I run the 1,000,000 volts through to quantumize mine?  The ground that doesn’t connect to anything?  ;D

I got a bi polar Tesla coil, I’ll try that  8)

Someone better call Mr. Steiger!  ;D

XPQGvWm.jpg

Speedskater said:
Those devices if used as specified by UL/NEC rules with the mounting screw attached, won't lift the Safety Ground.

Many/most? 2-prong receptacles installed in the USA decades ago have NO Safety Ground connection....just Hot and Neutral wires.  So, the screw on the outlet cover connects to.......nothing!

Bri

Brian Roth said:
Many/most? 2-prong receptacles installed in the USA decades ago have NO Safety Ground connection....just Hot and Neutral wires.  So, the screw on the outlet cover connects to.......nothing!

Bri
I recall helping my older brothers do some house wiring back in the 50s. We used metal jacketed BX and not only was the metal jacket secured to the metal junction box by a metal screw clamp, but I was taught to wrap the bare ground drain wire around a clamp screw to secure it for even more robust safety ground bond.

Back then plastic jacketed romex was still new but even it had 3 wires, at least the stuff my brothers bought.

My current house built cheaply  (probably in the 50s) is all two wire with no safety grounds to be found. (I had to DIY my own safety ground wire for my kitchen outlet next to a sink)

The good news is that the GFCI outlets like I have installed everywhere near shock hazards will work fine without grounds.

JR

Quantum grounds are very tricky: they are both safety earth bonded and simultaneously not safety earth bonded.

Once you open the chassis and observe the ground, then it will actually be bonded or not.  So long as the chassis is not opened, you are always simultaneously safe and not safe.

Often people think that they can just use the equipment with the chassis opened and they can be sure they are safe...but this isn't true, because when you look away to change the EQ, the safety bond goes away and doesn't go away.

Like the concept of simple addition to a drummer, it's neigh incomprehensible.

Matador said:
Quantum grounds are very tricky: they are both safety earth bonded and simultaneously not safety earth bonded.

Once you open the chassis and observe the ground, then it will actually be bonded or not.  So long as the chassis is not opened, you are always simultaneously safe and not safe.

Often people think that they can just use the equipment with the chassis opened and they can be sure they are safe...but this isn't true, because when you look away to change the EQ, the safety bond goes away and doesn't go away.

;D  ;D ;D ;D

Matador said:

Schroeder's cat is surely dead from old age by now....  ;D

JR

JohnRoberts said:
Schroeder's cat is surely dead from old age by now.... 

Mr Schrödinger drowned it after it kept sneaking in the house,  eating his cat's food, then pissing in the kitchen,.
Or did he?

😜

Worse than that, if you're by all counts not safe but then as the hot signal passes down the wire you somehow become safe, the ground short will go back in time and also drain properly to comply with the change in circumstance.  :eek:

boji said:
Worse than that, if you're by all counts not safe but then as the hot signal passes down the wire you somehow become safe, the ground short will go back in time and also drain properly to comply with the change in circumstance.  :eek:
Yeah, but, if you reverse the polarity, quantum will ensure the money you paid for it is removed from the supplier's bank account and placed in someone else's at random.

Cheers

Ian

Latest posts

Back