Guess What ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helloall

My maiden post,

Hey there everyone, I'm attempting the Green Pre,

If I don't kill myself i would love to share all info with youall,

I have never really done anything in electonics before so maybe people who oneday hope to be novices can benefit from my efforts.

I have been motivated to give it a go by everyone's kind words on this forum and their attitude of helping.

I have friends who have digital cameras that im sure i can borrow to take photos, i.e: this is a soldering iron, this capacitor goes in this way and all that as soon as i figure it out,

Does anyone have any ideas about how i could improve my above thoughts to make my experience something others can learn from.

p.s: I don't want to get electric shock .

Thanks

If you have the time and will to do this, then please do this. I think the Green Mic pre is a excellent beginner project as it's easy to build and cheap. If there really is a beginner's tutorial for this project i am sure many people would benefit from your work and the entrance to our diy world would be much easier :thumb:

I think it would be enough if you show some examples of mounting resistors and caps (especially polarised ones), transistors and ic's. This would apply to any project so it would really be a helpful resource.

I would think that it would also be cool to have a section in your tutorial about all the things besides stuffing the boards. Metal work on the case and mounting the components inside the case is also a important step in completing a project. Keeping the trafos in separate areas of the case. Wiring the components (twisting the cables) and so on.

[quote author="helloall"]p.s: I don't want to get electric shock .

[/quote]

Man where is all the fun without this ?? :green:

P.s.: Welcome to the forum ! :thumb: :grin:
Flo

:roll:
http://recording.org/users/kev/green_pre.htm
get it while you can

Use 4 9 volt batteries to check the main boards. You can't hurt yourself. Two for the positive 18 volts and two for the negative 18 volts.
see kev's batt boxx.
http://recording.org/users/kev/PS.htm
again .. get while you can

When you do get tp the power supply, the area to be careful of is the AC leads from the IEC connector to the PCB screw terminals.
AND
then the tracks underneath the PCB that go from the screw terminals to the primary of the power trafo .... exiting the trafo is only 15 V AC.
Use some gaffa tape to protect your fingers from that area. It should be safe if all is covered in the AC area.

Think about it and double check your work.

good luck

Wow really nice work to put that together like that. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Kev, you rock! But why do you say get "while you can"? Are you leaving the planet?

Ors

[quote author="orson whitfield"] Kev, you rock! But why do you say get "while you can"? Are you leaving the planet?[/quote]

you can never know what the future might bring.

If I rocked so much I may have been able to put the fire out ... but ... alas, not so far
http://recording.org/users/kev/

my advice, as always is
right click and download
and think before you post

:shock:

Kev is as cryptic as always :cool:

Back