TC electronic 2290 / general recapping question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leadpoisoning

I have an old TC 2290 i've had at  the back of the bench for a few years now that I like to poke at occasionally - i finally got the PS behaving correctly and the front panel lights up - so I'd like to do some general 'fix up' on it starting with recapping the analogue board. HOWEVER I noticed that the schematics require 22µF/16V caps throughout but on BOTH my 2290s there are 10µF/63V e-caps (the earlier ones with nasty spent philips caps and the other rubycons). So what do i recap with? The board is fed from a 15V pos/neg rail - so seems like i OUGHT to be able to get away with a 25V cap at least ... anyone know anything about why 10µF were used vs the specified 22µF caps? I could see it maybe being a 'cost thing' but 63V caps tend to be a bit more than 16V ones ... recommendations? ideas? speculation? thanks!

not really sure what's happening with the service manual but the general part number scheme on the boards don't seem to be jiving  with what the schematics are giving me ... anyone know about this??  (i.e. on the schematics the part numbers on the analogue board are all 7XX but on MY boards they are 3XX - i'm sure it's not a revision GRRRRR

OK - i'm guessing that the schematics that have been floating around the net for the 2290 are actually for some beta version that never got built - or only in low numbers - so i guess the thing to do without a proper schematic is just replace like with like ...

Without seeing the schematic, I would venture that 22u@25v would be a safe value.  It certainly meets the voltage requirements and they are most likely coupling caps or on the power rails and higher uf will not hurt in either case.

thanks ... yeah that's sort of what i figured ... it's sometimes nice to hear it from someone else though

Latest posts

Back