Midas TR04 Input Strip requires power supplies.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andybot

Hi,
i have a Midas TR04 input strip that id like to turn into a stand alone mic preamp. It requires a plus/minus 16volt supply to power it and a phantom power supply.  I would like to build these from scratch and already have the transformer from a green mic pre i built, its  36volt centre tap.

Looking for schematics of  power supplies that will do this with this transformer.
I have tried looking around but have a slow dial up connection which makes it impossible.
Ask what you like?
Thx All

Attachments

• tr console manual.0030.pdf
    139.4 KB · Views: 13
First, my condolences for your internet connection.  I'm old enough to have used a 300 baud modem and I still remember anxiously waiting as the characters appeared on the screen one at a time.  Frustrating then and now.

Second, can't you just use the power supply design from the green pre?  I'm guessing it is +/-15v and +48 as well, but correct me if I am wrong.  If that supply is not adjustable to 16v, the Midas will still work fine with 15.

Thx mjrippe, Your right i could use a green pre power supply and have plugged it in using the one i built a decade ago. It does work
but i didnt build the phantom power in on the original. I no longer have access to any of the green pre schematics as they wont load for me
so i thought i would start from scratch with the transformer i have ( Hammond 36VCT 300ma) and build a power supply with
phantom power all in one.
This will be my main vocal channel when done so i just want to build something solid.
Anyway thx for the reply.
If anyone has time to post the green pre power supply schematic with phantom power i would greatly appreciattte it.
Go dial up!!!
Thx again

Latest posts

Back