• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for Modutec VU meter (large)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boji

Hello.

In attempting to keep visually consistent with console VU's, I've had no luck finding an additional, larger modutec's as seen in the picture below.  (94mm x 39.5mm)  Part# 922026

If anyone knows someone who would be willing to part with one of these, I'll happily trade one of  them for a pair of Sifam VU's (Better quality VU) plus whatever price seems reasonable. 

Thank you! -Boji

WdPr9Mu.jpg

Is the bottom bezel on the meter flush with the clear plastic? I have 2 different styles of modutech 90056 meters. The dimensions of the clear plastic section seem correct, but not sure if there are any other differences.

If iampoor can't help you, I've got one. EDIT: The meter on mine has percent up top, VU below. Sorry.

Last edited:
Love ya guys, thanks for the advice / checking your stash.

After measuring, realized there's a real estate issue... :-\ :(

vKsSJiE.jpg

Looks like the need is to go back to mid-sized modutec.

Hello,

I am pretty shure I have 7 or 9 mid  size white face new one some where.

Bought  them for LA3A and 1176 but I did not use them yet,

DJN

Soooo..
About that size limitation... Shuffling around did the trick.  As a backup, could possibly change out the insert from a pair of sifam presenters (Autogram), but, if anyone still is willing to part with one or two of the larger Modutec's, I think I'm in the game again.  ::)  :p

Thanks again!

PeWzSnJ.jpg

The larger ones are an odd size. The ones second from the right were the easiest to source.
oeraEEH.jpg

iampoor1, there is a slightly raised edge that allows flush mounting behind a panel:

h3UkjY4.jpg

Well, here's the frankenstein workaround.  ;D

Modutec overlay with an easy-to-source Sifam presentor body:

0CtDckX.jpg

oiqhDiE.jpg

VY6sT4o.jpg

remaining modutecs with the white light box?
I have a few that are not working, kept for parts. Either coils burnt out or VU's scratched up. Could part with a few. What do you need them for?

I have a few that are not working, kept for parts. Either coils burnt out or VU's scratched up. Could part with a few. What do you need them for?
I would need them for the coil/magnet assy.
1178 w/ broken suspension wire.
But I already found an original spare in London.

Thanks anyway

Back