Glassine Paper 1 Mil (0.001") for sale

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJ

GDIY Supporter
this company has 1 mil Glassine, which is the standard layer insulation for most line/mic level audio transformers,  all your classic UTC, Peerless and Triad transformers uses this stuff in between layers of light wire.

Some transformers i have seen use 0.0005" , but i have not found any of that paper yet.

1 mil  Glassine is good down to #42 wire,

cutting this stuff will require a quality paper cutter or you can use scissors if you are just doing small quantity work.

https://www.dickblick.com/products/glassine-interleaving-paper/

here is an insulation chart from RDH4 which shows what thickness insulation goes with what gauge wire>

Attachments

• insulation chart.JPG
    insulation chart.JPG
    265.3 KB · Views: 32
I was wondering about 3M 'micropore' medical tape  and medical silk tape as insulations or wrap , should provide good grip for the following layer. Adhesive is strong and waterproof .
The other thing I found of interest was little sheets of what seems like mylar that seperate proscuitto or parma ham or some cheese slices , its a little greasy but soap and water  cleans it  up nice ,  looks like it might be good stuff to gap a choke or optx.

Latest posts

Back