Looking For a Compressor Build

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ricardus said:
The pic is labeled 51x. Is this for 51x racks or regular 500 series?
It is compatible with both. Since the 51x has a +24v rail, the LED meters take their power from it. When installed in a 500 rack, the 24V rail is derived from the 16V rail via a DC/DC converter.

abbey road d enfer said:
It is compatible with both. Since the 51x has a +24v rail, the LED meters take their power from it. When installed in a 500 rack, the 24V rail is derived from the 16V rail via a DC/DC converter.

OK, I've found the 2 extra pads on the edge connector don't allow cards to fit into my rack as tightly as possible, so on my SSL 5000 preamp build I just cut them off. They actually aren't used for anything on that board, they're just there for alignment I think for people who do have the 51x racks.

So because of the size of the panel, my friend thinks the labeling will have to work as is.

Ricardus said:
OK, I've found the 2 extra pads on the edge connector don't allow cards to fit into my rack as tightly as possible, so on my SSL 5000 preamp build I just cut them off. They actually aren't used for anything on that board, they're just there for alignment I think for people who do have the 51x racks. 
That's correct; you would have to cut them off.

So because of the size of the panel, my friend thinks the labeling will have to work as is.
Are you satisfied with the missing labels on LED's? Laser printing would perhaps allow using a smaller font, but I think then it would be so small it would be illegible...

abbey road d enfer said:
That's correct; you would have to cut them off.
Are you satisfied with the missing labels on LED's? Laser printing would perhaps allow using a smaller font, but I think then it would be so small it would be illegible...

Agreed. As far as the VU meter goes as long as I know which LED hole is Zero, I can use different color LEDs to know what the gain is like.

Latest posts

Back