Solid State Pwr Amp Unfamiliarity

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJ

GDIY Supporter
Marantz 4300 quad receiver

can someone explain how this thing works? looks weird to me (translate: too stupid to get it!  :D)

i get the diff pair and current source, and the bias temp transistor, but the rest are dubious at best,

thanks!

stuffed H701 backwards, spk terminals railed out to 37 volts and made large sound in Altec 15 but we shut down in time,

new transistor installed KSA992,

now we research protection circuit to see why it almost caused panic,  :D

Wow!  Marantz 4300....I owned one back in the 1970's, driving four JBL 4311 speakers.  I had two different external LP decoders for my turntable (and sadly...a quad 8 track player).  Ended up saying "screw quad" and ran the system with the 4311's stacked atop each other lying on their sides, 4300 running in bridge mode, playing what is now called "classic rock" stereo LPs to high SPL.  I had the coolest stereo system compared to my friends....lol.

Bri

LOL....not in the market for a 4300 these days!  It's just a fading memory....

Like during my divorce in the 1980's "she" got the 4300 and two of the 4311's, I got the second 4311 pair.  I quickly built some Hafler "kits" (remember those from early 1980's??) and had an even more kick-ass system.

Oddly....I'll have to think about what happened to my pair of 4311's........ohhhhhh....my second divorce!  ahem

Bri

Latest posts

Back