siemens powermixer ? 50ies ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nashkato

am i right , that this could be an ancient Tube Powermixer ?
What age is this ?

photo_2019-11-28_10-59-51.jpg

photo_2019-11-28_11-00-10.jpg

Whew! Cool knobs!

Can't read the text, but I'd guess it's more a portable mixer than a powered one. The banana prongs might just be 600 Ohm line drivers, for long lines.

As for age, I'd say sixties.

the three knobs in one row are treble , bass, volume . at least the eq are stepped switches.
i thought powermixer because of the weight , it´s about 30kg /60-70 pound

Does anybody know what's the name of the 3-pin input connector and is it possible to find female version somewhere?

moamps said:
Does anybody know what's the name of the 3-pin input connector and is it possible to find female version somewhere?

Looks like a Philips 3 pole microphone connector, very common on their PA stuff. Is it threaded?

Got five pieces in my drawer.

Also, I'd bet it's a mid 1950's design.

nashkato said:
the three knobs in one row are treble , bass, volume . at least the eq are stepped switches.
i thought powermixer because of the weight , it´s about 30kg /60-70 pound

Probably all the input and output iron. A monitor amp good for a couple of watts would of course add a few extra kilos. Very common in remote gear. The banana prongs leads me to believe it's a piece meant for the field.

25-30kg was considered portable in the mid 50's!

Looks very cool. 

I had to open images in a new window and download to see them, they aren't showing up here. 

nashkato said:
yes
these aren‘t the same as the ones on old AKG mics ?

Definitely Philips then. Send a PM if you're interested (I got five).

I'm not sure about AKG. Perhaps you mean Philips labeled AKG:s such as the EL6023 (i.e. the D12)? Almost the same, but 4 pin (center pin + three).

Philips, Siemens, Telefunken, Studer et al competed for the lucrative broadcast market. They also exchanged products to be relabeled. Before 1950, lots of stuff was developed/produced by Philips yet sold under other brands.

Mic preamps, fi, often have the same topology, but different brands. Rupert Neve designed a few for Philips if I'm not mistaken.

One of the parts that came out of that cooperation, was the tuchel connector. I'm not sure who used it first, but nearly all were produced by Philips. Later on, in the sixties this became the DIN connector. DIN connector are still available, some tuchels are not.

If you find the 4-pin tuchel on a (Philips) mic, it's probably a dual impedance mic, with or without a switch. Tuchels were made with normal pins, but also with spades in stead of pins. Those are the hardest to come by.

If anyone locates a source for the  rare tuchels, please post. I've got several mics waiting for a connector...

The 3-pin variants are available through reichelt.de, amongst others. The 4-pins and others aren't.

Conviction said:
Looks like a Philips 3 pole microphone connector, very common on their PA stuff. Is it threaded?
Got five pieces in my drawer.
Thank you very much,  I decided at the end to replace the combo with standard XLRs.

Perhaps you mean Philips labeled AKG:
yes , that´s what i meant
If anyone locates a source for the  rare tuchels, please post. I've got several mics waiting for a connector...
me too , quite impossible to find .
don´t know , but could imagine that someone with a 3D printer , and maybe a CNC could replicate them ?
And beautiful input transformers and screened pots/switches ...
they´re huge , what probably can´t be seen on the pic is , that there are another 4 under the EF40

Latest posts

Back