is there such a thing as a U67 body clone at exact same dimensions as original?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blekpat

Hello
I have the insides and the head of a 1960s U67. 
Can I find a body that to install them in it? Apart from original Neumann...
(Not prepared to wait 3 years for a custom made one  ;))
Thanks in advance

Hi there, thank your reply
Do you know which chinese models are too big?

The chinese ones are too big or two small
[/quote]

I think he means the SYT 5 bodies.
What internal parts do you have?  Just the Boards or also the siderails? What about the Norton Part where the connector is?

Murdock said:
I think he means the SYT 5 bodies.
What internal parts do you have?  Just the Boards or also the siderails? What about the Norton Part where the connector is?

Truth is I have the whole mic but I want to take it from Europe to Peru where I m currently living and I have no intention of paying 30% custom tax on my U67 that already cost me a frigging fortune.
So my plan is to disguise it inside a cheap chinese body.

Does one need to pay customs tax on something they already possess? Or something that's inside their luggage?  ???

I have at least 10 mics with me every time i travel. Never had any trouble with customs, however it's mostly Europe and US. I'll actually have one 5150 amp with me next week.

Khron said:
Does one need to pay customs tax on something they already possess? Or something that's inside their luggage?  ???

Yes, unfortunately when you travel from Europe or USA to Peru the stuff you bring is subject to heavy importation tax if it s not everyday use stuff.
They don t bother you for a laptop but they can give you a hard time for professional audio, photo or video gear, no matter how long you ve owned it.

Latest posts

Back