Politics and social media incompatibility

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did old Willie really do that ?
What he's already smoked might take another ten years to leave his system fully  ;D

Apparently it hasnt stopped him from devouring weed truffles though ,

In a Rolling Stone interview, Nelson said that weed “saved my life” and kept him “from killing people,” as he used to be a heavy drinker and nasty drunk before switching to the sweet leaf  :eek:

Tubetec said:
Did old Willie really do that ?
What he's already smoked might take another ten years to leave his system fully  ;D
Doesn't take quite that long, but back in the 60s when I was a quantity consumer, it bothered me (upon reflection) that you do not sober up in time to go back to work with full capabilities  the next morning after weeknight toking.  Alcohol may give you a hangover, but it does not hang around as a background wet blanket over your brain.

I would not tolerate weekday pot smokers as employees, but no problem now since my only employee (me) just drinks beer. 
Apparently it hasnt stopped him from devouring weed truffles though ,

In a Rolling Stone interview, Nelson said that weed “saved my life” and kept him “from killing people,” as he used to be a heavy drinker and nasty drunk before switching to the sweet leaf  :eek:
Of course I wish Willie well...

I used to joke that working out at the gym/health club saved me from killing several people (at work). I punched holes in my office door twice.  Glad it wasn't a solid door.  ::)

JR

I guess there was a time way back in my childhood days I'd let fly with my fists first, ask questions later . Over time I realised words ,either diplomatic  or warlike were far more effective . Thats not to say there werent times when abillity to come out of the corner fighting was warranted ,even in the face of someone physically superiour . More often than not once a bully realised you were prepared to stand up to them ,they back down ,and swap to an easier target.

In relation to the cumulative effect of drink or drugs ,it only lessens its effectiveness and any of the positive benefits you got from it in the first place . The ones who couldnt learn to moderate their intake wound up falling on and off the wagon down the rocky  road to hell . 

Could be a plus or a minus ,  I remember trying to combine tobacco,weed and whiskey early on in my teens years , ralph and huey'd into my buddies waste paper basket  :-[
I guess I was refering more to the cumulative unwanted effects from overindulgence , everything in moderation as they say.

Well well well , as if we actually needed an example of the misuses of technology in relation to politicians , now the puppet masters have driven a wedge between two heads of state who's countries share 5,525 miles of border . Its time politicians put smart phones and their apps in the bin or their just going get set up and knocked down like bowling pins .

Tubetec said:
Could be a plus or a minus ,  I remember trying to combine tobacco,weed and whiskey early on in my teens years , ralph and huey'd into my buddies waste paper basket  :-[
I guess I was refering more to the cumulative unwanted effects from overindulgence , everything in moderation as they say.
Moderation is definitely advised for poisons (like ethyl alcohol).

Some poisons have no moderate amount. A high school friend of mine died from his first and last experiment with horse (heroin).  Nowadays with cheap fentanyl everywhere, it seems even easier to die.
Well well well , as if we actually needed an example of the misuses of technology in relation to politicians , now the puppet masters have driven a wedge between two heads of state who's countries share 5,525 miles of border . Its time politicians put smart phones and their apps in the bin or their just going get set up and knocked down like bowling pins .
huh? Try not to take media that seriously. Their job is making mountains out of molehills.

JR

PS: At my age  I get a full blood panel once a year to confirm that my liver and kidneys are keeping up with my bad habits.  8)

JohnRoberts said:
PS: At my age  I get a full blood panel once a year to confirm that my liver and kidneys are keeping up with my bad habits.  8)

Yet another thing we have in common JR. 

My most recent endocrine. tests showed 'all good' - hard to believe really, with all my mileage on the 'clock', poor historical maintenance and substandard fuels :) 

Not to mention 30 odd 'sedentary' years in front of a computer day in day out.

Latest posts

Back