• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Telefunken ANT V672D or similar

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rock soderstrom

Tour de France
Hi, I am searching this card or similar  to complete a two channel device.  Cheers 

Attachments

• 20191203_135353.gif
    20191203_135353.gif
    142.6 KB · Views: 15
These are the ANT built buffer amps right? How come u want these and not some of the earlier more well built Telefunken or Siemens modules? :) From what I heard these are not as good as the older ones :)

Why do you think the earlier Telefunken or Siemens modules are build better built?
ANT emerged from Telefunken, btw. And I have some Telefunken branded V672D.
And some ANT M15A tape machines ...

[silent:arts] said:
Why do you think the earlier Telefunken or Siemens modules are build better built?
ANT emerged from Telefunken, btw. And I have some Telefunken branded V672D.
And some ANT M15A tape machines ...

I have not A/B the ANT buffer amps against the Siemens and Telefunken built ones but looking at the schematics and readning reviews online the design on the ANT is quite different. If I'm not mistaken the ANTs dont have the same OPAMP design and some other corners where cut. The response is also smaller on these as well. 

My questions on why Rock, who is a experienced DIYer would search for a specific ANT buffer amp made me curious that I perhaps where mistaken on this particular module. And curious on what kind of build Rock would use the buffer cards in :)

I have tried some of of ANT line, mic and EQ modules, as well as Siemens and older Telefunken (prior to to when they licensed the logo to ANT). In the end it comes down to taste. I prefer the Siemens stuff my self. When it comes to ANT The newer license stuff felt less well built as well as the re designs ANT implemented never tickled my ears....

Again: (parts of) Telefunken became  ANT. There is no license deal.
A Telefunken V672D is exactly the same as the ANT V672D, made in the same factory in Wolfenbüttel.
Sorry, false gearslutz information about German audio history always makes me mad.
Rant over.

Hi Zebra, Volker is absolutely right, there is no discernible difference between the Telefunken and ANT V672 from the same period. Parts of Telefunken became ANT after they went bankrupt.  In my book, the shown V672 card is a great and flexible amplifier. The circuit is, from my point of view, "all" discrete. The frontend is build up with good transistors and the driver "Dünnfilm" (or "Dickfilm" I am not sure ATM) OP amp is AFAIK  discrete, too. The only integrated cuircuit is this old school OP amp in the power supply part of the V672. The Haufe transformers are the same, they are great, no doubt.

I like the sound of this cards, fat and meaty midrange,  slightly compressed, the Haufe iron is doing its job.
I will build this device for a friend, low budget but fat sound. You can use them for nearly everything. In this case it will be a microphone pre amp, as far as you do not go to high with the gain everything is fine. ( and you can use them for Synthesizers and Line signals as well. The Haufe transformer can swallow a lot of signal)

I know these internet myths about this cards for a long time. I have compared them to the so called "real" V672 with the square transformers. They are different, but similiar. The old ones sound darker as far as I remember. They are cool, no doubt. (but expensive now). In the end, its a question of taste and what you want. The ANT V672 are not worse, they are different.

We should keep up this bad stories about those crappy ANT V672 cards. This will hold the prices low.  ;)
I bought the last card for 30€. 8)

Back