• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for a 600 ohm stepped attenuator

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Kulka

Hi, I'm looking for a 600 ohm stepped attenuator.

20 steps, detented (not smooth turning) 2 db per step, threaded 3/8" bushing. Max. diameter 2 3/8". Thanks in advance.

Hi David, is there a standard item from Daven, Langevin, Cinema Engineering, etc that has those specs?  Might be easier to find by part number.  I'll check my attenuator stash when I'm at my shop this week.  -Mike

Update: Checked and nothing I have matches all requirements.

I do not think it will do but I have a NOS pair  in 1dB steps.

Body diameter and length is 48mm

Attachments

• Daven.jpg
    Daven.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 35
Maybe reach out to Ken Hirsch at Orphan Audio. He used to have a bunch of Davens and other old rotary switches, some already built out.

Jeff

There are many options available to you depending on how much you want to spend. You could pick up some used rotary switches from eBay, TEDDS, or surplus sales of Nebraska. If you’re up to it you can solder your own resistors etc. next step up would be ordering new switches and that’s going to get very expensive when you get into the range of 20 positions and up. I suggest you check out Gold Point Level controls https://www.goldpt.com/
Lots of options available.
Other options would be to search mouser/digikey/Newark for 20-24 position switches. Electroswitch, Blore Edwards, Seiden, Elma, TKD are top of the line.

Best of luck!

Michael

Back