Calrec M-Series Console - STOLEN

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gareth Connor

Calrec M-Series Console - STOLEN

48 Channel. Console Serial 420, Unit 0173.

This console is officially stolen property.

It was refurbished by myself and CML Audio colleagues some years ago, then shipped to the USA.

Overview:
48-channel M-Series; 36x Mono channels, 12x Stereo channels.
Custom external patchbay & cabling.
1x ZN1997 Logic power supply, 2x ZN1998 Audio power supplies, 1x ZN1705 Phantom power supply.
The console is known to be currrently missing at least 12 of the PQ input modules. The talkback speaker module was replaced with 4x DL1656 compressor/limiter modules (not shown on these photos) but also now listed as stolen property.

Further updates will follow.

Attachments

• GJC_M48 a.JPG
    GJC_M48 a.JPG
    418.1 KB · Views: 32
Hello Ian,

The whole darn thing is listed stolen.... console, PSUs, patch, cabling, DL1656 comps.

It's a long and detailed series of events, but in brief overview:

The console and the associated equipment as noted were supplied on loan to a supposed trusted person who subsequently went bankrupt . All the studio equipment was impounded. On request from the USA legal people dealing with the bankruptcy, I supplied a confirmatory letter of ownership of my property, comprising the console & associated equipment. Although the letter was included in the official court documentation, and my property was documented as being segregated from the rest of the studio equipment, someone allowed EVERYTHING to be put up for auction. For reasons unknown I was not contacted further nor kept informed, nor, for some reason, included as an "interested party" in spite of the officially court-recognised and included document of ownership of pieces of equipment of significant value. WTF????

After being given too much of a run-around, over too long a period, I travelled from the UK to the USA in late summer to find my console; that part of the mission was a success.
Contact has been established with the people who currently have the console.
All parties concerned are clearly aware of the court documentation which includes in it my letter of ownership.
Reply communications have not been inspiring, open minded, or positive.
Plenty of opportunity to discuss the subject and open a conversation leading to a solution has been available.
Obfuscation, BS, and deflection are fitting descriptions of the replies that come to mind.
I have not approached this posting lightly.

The PQ modules that are missing were removed prior to the console being impounded. They have been located. (The story behind the finding of the modules is an interesting series of events in its own right).

Trusting this overview helps.
G.

Attachments

• CALREC_M_48 a.JPG
    CALREC_M_48 a.JPG
    356.5 KB · Views: 21
That is a real bummer. Reminds me of some years ago I sent an very early dual tube mic pre demo unit to a 'trusted' contact in the USA. Apparently it was demonstrated and used by several different bands and studios. Then it mysteriously went missing and my trusted contact went silent. It was certainly not valuable enough to go to the effort you have to recover it but I feel your pain.

Cheers

Ian

Hello Gareth

We are sorry to hear about the situation you are having to take on.
I have many questions but understand you have likely been through evry scenario so we can skip these until they are important.

The reason I am connecting is one mandate of our program is the Heritage Console Foundation. A simply mediation committee in vintage audio equipment dealings.
We are a bit a ways from implimenting this system into a functioning support entity for private audio sellers and buyers. However we are working with an American/Canadian legal team versed in audio industry import/export (for large events mostly).

If you like, we can talk about how to get some legal paper work on representation for your situation. I can make no promises but we can definatly make better ground on this side of the pond for you

Wall

In bankruptcy all property gets confiscated to satisfy debt obligations.

In known dicey situations filing UCC liens ahead of bankruptcy protects your rights.

www said:
Under Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), which covers secured transactions, in order for a creditor to become a secured party—that is, a party with a legal right to take possession of collateral in the event of the debtor’s failure to pay—the creditor must take special steps. These steps are known asattachment of a security interest. Moreover, in order for a secured party to more fully ensure its legal rights in the event that other parties are asserting an interest in the same piece of collateral, the secured party must take additional steps. These additional steps are known as perfecting a security interest. Here we’ll look at both attachment and perfection of security interests.

It sounds like that horse has left the barn. Who is declaring it stolen? If it isn't the bankruptcy trustee or judge, you have nor perfected ownership with the court.

Do you have a lawyer in the US representing your interest? Lawyers suck but using them before the sh__ hits the fan is cheaper than after.

Of course free legal advice on the WWW is worth exactly what you pay for it.

Good Luck.

JR

Back