• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB UA 508 eqs, Altec 9470 , bits and bobs

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ombudsman

I am seeking a pair of UA/Urei 508 eq modules, and a single Altec 9470 module. Those would enable me to complete some projects that have been hanging around a long time.

(I suppose for a motivated person I could be persuaded to sell or trade 3 9470 modules and one original power supply so that they could complete that project instead of me.)

Also wouldn't hurt to locate these nice-ta-haves:

some trays for those Altecs (ideally, 4 of them),

a few faceplates and/or Rollo knobs for the model 8272/SM8272 fader (or similar, meaning any of the ones that size that have  -45db as the last stop before infinity).

cheers

ombudsman said:
I am seeking a pair of UA/Urei 508 eq modules, and a single Altec 9470 module. Those would enable me to complete some projects that have been hanging around a long time.

In case you have difficulties buying an 9470 or similar module,  you can try to do a DIY version yourself for the forth one, there's a lot of docs around and there were also PCBs for it on ebay and around the web.
You already have 3 original modules to compare a build also.

I know it's not what you asked but it might be a good solution

regards

Hi Whoops, I've noticed people doing builds of those. I've never built anything myself, I just try to learn enough to make better buying decisions and to get some clues on my broken/project gear.  Maybe at some point I will get into it but it's hard to see what time I can give up from something else even though I would love to have those skills.

It is a real pain to get transistors for 9470's with low enough Beta, and to then match them well enough for flat response.  Beta too high (modern), they oscillate.  Imbalance in the output pair, no low frequency.  It's never fun to repair one of those.  I wouldn't want to build a one-off, the real thing is cheap enough to avoid the hassle. 

Latest posts

Back