Sunrise buffer box

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
abbey road d enfer said:
Did you really experiment more gain with the original values?

Hey mate,
No i never used the original values. Just built what you suggested. What i mean is that when inserting the buffer between guitar and yamaha amp the volume actually drops quiet a bit. Cheers

salomonander said:
Hey mate,
No i never used the original values. Just built what you suggested. What i mean is that when inserting the buffer between guitar and yamaha amp the volume actually drops quiet a bit. Cheers
That's quite strange. This booster is actually unity gain, so you should not expect more gain, but you should not experience loss either. Are you equipped to do basic voltage measurements?

abbey road d enfer said:
That's quite strange. This booster is actually unity gain, so you should not expect more gain, but you should not experience loss either. Are you equipped to do basic voltage measurements?

Thanks, yes i do have my fluke here.... not sure what to measure for though 🤷‍♂️

abbey road d enfer said:
Check that the rail voltage is correct at 9V (actually new battery delivers about 9.6V), then test the source and the drain of the FET.

Thanks mate,
9v rail measures 9.21V
Source 4.75V
Drain 9.21V
Gate 4.17V

Cheers

salomonander said:
Thanks mate,
9v rail measures 9.21V
Source 4.75V
Drain 9.21V
Gate 4.17V

Cheers
It looks as though the voltages are correct. You're probably expecting something else than unity-gain. Then it would not strictly be a buffer, but rather a booster.

Latest posts

Back