Do you know this microphone? Beyerdynamic?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rock soderstrom

Tour de France
Hi folks, do you know this microphone? It looks similiar to old Beyerdynamic microphones (M88 or M69?) But there are no markings or screws on the grill ring. Is it a clone or an OEM product for Strässer, Dynacord ...? Cheers

Click photo for GIF animation.

Attachments

• 20200103_144616.gif
    20200103_144616.gif
    558.7 KB · Views: 102
Yes it's a Beyer. It's not an M88 nor M69 though. I have many Beyer mics and used to work for the distributor of Beyer in AUS. Never seen this model before. Email Beyer. They are super help people...

Nyquist said:
Yes it's a Beyer. It's not an M88 nor M69 though. I have many Beyer mics and used to work for the distributor of Beyer in AUS. Never seen this model before. Email Beyer. They are super help people...

Good News! Thanks a lot, I will contact Beyerdynamic. I will post their respone, here. Cheers

ombudsman said:
This is an MBHO/Haun MB-216 dynamic.

You are right! 👍👍

With that name I was able to find further information in the WWW and yes, this is exactly the model I have here. (and probably the reason why Beyerdynamic did not answer my mail?  ;D)

I always thought that Haun is only building condenser mics, but thats not true, obviously. The still produce and sell dynamic microphones...

Thanks a lot, ombudsman, you are my microphone expert of the month.  ;)

I've never heard anything definitive, but this post from a Xaudia restoration says that MB used Beyer ribbons for their own line,  but built their own motors around them.

http://xaudiaelektrik.blogspot.com/2015/11/is-mb301-cardiod-ribbon-microphone.html

I have an MB-215 dynamic, it's a decent e guitar mic but it does roll off lows. I haven't tried it otherwise but I suspect it will be good for tamborine, shaker, strummed acoustic in a busy mix, maybe hi hat ?

Latest posts

Back