GDIY seems to run slow and seems to have started at the top of the new year

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another forum is running slow, not this one.

It is probably NSA/KGB snooping/hacking on FaceBook screwing up the whole internet.

I cant say I noticed a difference myself in Ireland , surely its only miniscule amounts of data we transfer here anyway .

So looks like Facebook is killing the internet and our illusions about governance.
The 'fundamental' of innocent  until proven guilty is being made an ass of  worldwide , trial via social media as well as unwanted intrusions into our privacy on the basis of terrorism laws. No amount of intel will beat back the  'Hun' from the gates while the west pours fuel on the fire in the middle east , strongly looks now like D.T. is arching up conflict with Iran  in time to catch the swing vote in the elections.  If the self appointed leader of the western worlds example to the rest of us is terroristic drone strikes with no basis under the laws of war is all fine and dandy , why wouldnt we expect our adversaries to to use similar unschedualed acts of war back against us , maybe thats precisely the plan.  I think its fairly clear , the use of  weaponry like drones does  as much  to bolster enemy resolve as it does to swell the ranks at home . 

You know what they used say here,  the Reverend Ian Paisley was the biggest biggest gift to  IRA recruitment ever , is it any wonder he lived into his late 80's . His High Donaldness is looking like a goose who layed the golden egg for the other side to help further his own political ambition .

I am mainly using firefox to browse and I get the following  message

"Webpage is slowing down your browser”

which firefox says it's an unresponsive scripps issue. I have tried other browsers and I still have a long lag. I even tried the gdiy on my phone and still long lag.

Im using FF also , I didnt get anything like that happen here .
Maybe its something to do with geographic location, the very odd time I have noticed a slightly longer load time or when I refresh the page it could take 5-10 seconds worst case.

changed security in firefox and it  was back to what I would normally expect.  ;) from standard to strict. going back to standard to see if it's still slow or not.

Yes sure enough at standard I get the web page is slowing me down message and it's slow. At strict it's regular load times.  hmmm

tested at the studio computer, safari has major lag. it will open the main page and then open say the lab or other sub forums, only to have major lag issues when opening a thread.  Tried firefox again at the studio and I get the same results as at home, with regular security settings it's the web page is slowing you down error and at strict security preferences it's regular load times.

Not sure what changed in the last couple of days but my  GDIY load times and speeds are back to normal with regular security settings on firefox... interesting... Not sure why but I'll take it.  8)

Same here. The site wouldn’t load on my iPhone and would cause it to start overheating. It wouldn’t even load on my MacBook.

No idea why, but it is back to normal now

There have been more funny things happening on the net, the latest week or so. Like a cable for Africa going out, leaving West-Africa without net for hours.

Anyone noticed news about BGA attacks lately?

Latest posts

Back