NAMM 2020

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
deadline for free badges has past. However if you know a company showing off their goods, you can get a badge through them, but it will cost you. I forget how expensive they are, last I had to do that when I worked a booth, it ran 50 dollars.

Yes I will be there, 2nd year in a row I don't have to work a booth, I am getting to like this.

Yes, found the same, Monday was last chance..

I'll be at  Lower floor, North hall - booth # 15429 - with Frank "One F Sound"

Pucho, did we ever manage to meet IRL? Last show is kinda blurry to me (contracted the feared nammthrax)..

/Jakob E.

I live right down the street from the convention center but spaced on getting tickets this year.

While the cutoff time is over I will try to make a case with them, as they failed to provide me with online ID and password to login. If somebody needs passes let me know name, email and phone number, so I will see if that’d work.

gyraf said:
I'll be at  Lower floor, North hall - booth # 15429 - with Frank "One F Sound”

Hey Jakob,

That you are aware, I am at 14924, right around corner from you. Hope it will help you to always stay alert 😈😈😈

Once again I will not attend, if I did I would visit an old friend who just landed at Fender. 

James Brown sold his pedal business (Amptweaker) and will lead the EVH amp project inside Fender. James worked on the original 5150 amp at Peavey working closely with Eddie.

Small world.

JR

I will be there working, as usual, at the Empirical Labs booth (actually our distributors booth...Wave Distro).
Please come say hi.

Jeff

JohnRoberts said:
James Brown sold his pedal business (Amptweaker) and will lead the EVH amp project inside Fender. James worked on the original 5150 amp at Peavey working closely with Eddie.

Small world.

I met him last year as he was sharing a house with my friend.  Was a fun night hearing the stories of the making of the 5150.

Small world indeed.

john12ax7 said:
I met him last year as he was sharing a house with my friend.  Was a fun night hearing the stories of the making of the 5150.

Small world indeed.
Back then it was not unusual for Peavey guitar amp engineers to play in local bar bands often carrying prototype amps out to test in the real world. James had a band called the "Dirty Dogs". He even jammed at one or more of my house parties (decades ago).

I wouldn't trust a guitar amp designer who can't play a lick, James has chops.

JR 

I’ll be manning the Audio Precision booth for the duration of the show if anyone wants to stop by to test anything or say “hi”. 

We’re on the second floor of the Pro Audio pavilion in booth 18006.

-Tony

There are lots of restaurants in the area to support Disney tourists. I recall above average mexican, and even decent sushi.

I didn't know they even had a cafeteria, but Peavey's big booth had a small kitchen area up on the second floor. Of course that was 20 years ago, so who knows about now. I think Disney is still big in the area.

JR

Howard Johnson? Yeah there are a couple in the area. And yes the area is dominated by Disney.

I think Karl Strauss would be a good nearby food/drink/hangout choice. There’s Golden Road on the other side of the parking lot but I personally do not like their beer

Latest posts

Back