NAMM 2020

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted to go this year, but got caught up is so much work from 2019 that was unable to sort the badge/plane tickets/accommodation on time.

I will sure go next year and it would be great to be able to meet some of you guys.

While you're there show us some pics

CJ said:
i use to run the strip joint at Hunington Beach,  :D
That is another thing that SOCAL excels at. All the beautiful women (and men) who moved there to get into the movies, didn't make the cut, then settled and cross-bred with each other. Now decades later the gene pool is a wonderful thing. 

I attended a private music store party in san diego years ago. They hired two strippers and for the first and only time in my life I could not decide which one was hotter... Both were off my scale. Of course the private party ended when the keg ran out, but the local strip clubs would not let us in (because they said we were too rowdy). Of course TJ stays open all night and lets even rowdies like us in.  8)

JR 

PS: My apologies if any are offended by this anecdote, for the record I was only a guest (but willing).

JohnRoberts said:
PS: My apologies if any are offended by this anecdote, for the record I was only a guest (but willing).

In rock 'n' roll circles, it's usually considered common courtesy to fill in a few more details than you did.  But we'll let it slide.

I do miss that So. Cal. gene pool... 

Winston O'Boogie said:
In rock 'n' roll circles, it's usually considered common courtesy to fill in a few more details than you did.  But we'll let it slide.
but how many times do I tell the same story?

I checked several boxes, but not all, that can get checked in TJ...

for some extra drama I had an early morning flight out of LAX the next morning.  My rep who was supposed to be driving me around, needed a nap, so I ended up driving el norte on the 405 by braille, using the sound of my tires hitting the highway reflectors to stay in my lane. 
I do miss that So. Cal. gene pool...
In MS strip clubs, when they say the dancers are from LA they mean "lower alabama".  ::)

For another TJ anecdote, I recall lying on my back on a strip club stage.... my "friends" decided it would be funny to tie my shoelaces together.  I was enjoying the entertainment but not so distracted that I "fell" for their trick.

JR

PS: Of course objectifying women this way is wrong...

Latest posts

Back