Strange part: IT1 16B 015 = 1N116?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jensenmann

Hi
Next question regarding my burned Sontec 250EX filter board. It houses two diodes. They are in series and seem to be connected to the output transistor pair.  The name I can read is a bit funny: IT1 16B 015. The only part I could find that uses these letters/numbers is a 1N116 germanium diode which has 1V Uf at 5mA according to the datasheet.
Both diodes I desoldered from the board seem to be dead as they conduct in both directions. But I measured a working diode from another board which seems to confirm the app. 1V Uf. The maximum voltage rating of 75V makes me think if it´s internally three germanium diodes in series...

Now the questions:
Do you guys know anything about a B version of this diode as the name implies? I haven´t found anything online. Nothing mentioned in the datasheet or in my semiconductor books. Maybe someone with an old diode comparison table can help me out? I have some books for european parts but only little about american parts.

Datasheet says that it´s a very low noise part. Is that actually true or is it the usual blahblah? Could it be replaced with something currently available?

Do you have any idea for a source to get some of these?

Any input is highly appreciated.

thanks
Jens

Latest posts

Back