• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Pair of Marinair or St Ives 10468 input transformers

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ron_swanson

Hello,

Looking for a pair of used or NOS Marinair (preferred) or St Ives 10468 input transformers for a current build. 

There's a number of St Ives versions for sale on Evilbay at the moment with sellers asking seemingly exorbitant prices.  Hoping to find something in the more 'reasonable' price range as I'm just a humble DIY'er, but I also undertand these do come with higher prices due to scarcity. 

If you have a pair sitting around and want to turn them into some extra spending cash, shoot me a PM with your asking price, please.  Let's make a deal!

Thanks in advance!

Greg

Honestly I sourced 8 of them a couple years ago for some preamps. Truthfully there is very little to no difference between the old ones versus the new carnhills. The new Carnhills are following the original specs to the T.

KDE said:
Honestly I sourced 8 of them a couple years ago for some preamps. Truthfully there is very little to no difference between the old ones versus the new carnhills. The new Carnhills are following the original specs to the T.

Hey KDE,

Thanks for the reply and info.  Good to know.  I have a pair of Carnhills already, so maybe that will be what I'll end up using.

Cheers,
Greg

Back