Cherry Synth cabinet finished

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lanxe

Here are some pictures of the cabinet that i put together for my synth modules - - - - - - - i used a keyboard from an old hammond organ (i still have one left that i havent figured out what i am going to do with it). The sequencer is also made of the same cherry wood that my grandfather has been hanging on to for a while and gave up to me before i moved from ohio to nevada.

any way here is the pic:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/lanxe/threesynth.jpg

the main synth is on the left of the frame......the sequencer in the back right and the little black synth infront of it is one that i put together a few months ago (made out of a gutted kee-bass keyboard).

the modules in the big synth on the left are obviously not finished........the powersupply module will eventually end up in the back (i just put it in the front to fill up space and to keep the cat out of the inside of the cabinet!)

Ryan

the sequencer looks awesome!

doing the woodwork must have taken a long time, lokos really nice!

are you staining the wood or just sealing it like that?

dave

[quote author="soundguy"]the sequencer looks awesome!

doing the woodwork must have taken a long time, lokos really nice!

are you staining the wood or just sealing it like that?

dave[/quote]

Thanks!
yeah, the sequencer just needs the knobs to be complete.

the woodwork took quite a while because all i had was a hand saw and a small 8" band saw so straight lines took way too long........i just couldnt afford a table saw.

it actually already has a couple of coats of tung oil......and i think i am going to leave it like that. but i dont know yet.

Yeah, the rhodes makes a pretty good table too (plus it keeps the dust out when i am not playing with it).

Latest posts

Back