IPR 5000 PEAVEY Schematic

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

opacheco

Hi,

I am in the repair process for an IPR 5000 PEAVEY and I would like to know if Do someone have its Schematic??

This look like this is a China Model!

Any comments will be appreciate so much!
Opacheco

I had attached a pic below.

Any comments?
Opacheco

Attachments

• EDE2978F-A1A8-4984-BC88-3255FE42AEFF.jpeg
    EDE2978F-A1A8-4984-BC88-3255FE42AEFF.jpeg
    842.6 KB · Views: 41
JohnRoberts said:
did you try peavey service?

JR

JohnRoberts
Thanks for your response. This amp look like no original peavey but let me to contact to them....

Does anyone have repaired something like this amp?

Opacheco.

JohnRoberts said:
The IPR series was after I left but I am pretty sure Peavey designed it... They may have used a chip set from an IC company..

JR

JhonRoberts

Thanks for your info!!, I have sent an email to peavey support but I am not sure if they response about this issue!....but let them to response to me!

Thanks again,
Opacheco

this might help til you get the real deal,

email usually takes 3 to 5 days for Peavey, but if you call them, they will send it right away.

Attachments

• IPR 3000 DSP_nov11.pdf
    515.5 KB · Views: 41
CJ said:
this might help til you get the real deal,

email usually takes 3 to 5 days for Peavey, but if you call them, they will send it right away.

CJ, you are the man!!....thanks a lot this can be a good to start to check it!

Thanks a lot again
Opacheco

Look like Peavey doesn’t responded my reuest. The CJ schematic is the whole help but it isn’t the exact schematic.

Any idea?

opacheco

opacheco said:
Look like Peavey doesn’t responded my reuest.
try again, be patient.
The CJ schematic is the whole help but it isn’t the exact schematic.

Any idea?
check the obvious suspects.... like failed power devices

I am not familiar with the innards but if the controller IC is toast, that may not be simple.

good luck

JohnRoberts said:
try again, be patient.check the obvious suspects.... like failed power devices

I am not familiar with the innards but if the controller IC is toast, that may not be simple.

good luck

Yes I have been patient and this give a result!....I got the schematic from peavey directly now! I have studied and look like the IC Driver (30418651 see the attached pic please) is faulty and sending rare spikes of noise to the feedback limiter comparator IC502 (NJM13700M) the Dual Operational Transconductance  Amplifier and the loop system....I need to do some comparative measurements with the channel 1 the good one!....

Thanks for your comments
opacheco

Attachments

• F7D707D2-C513-4087-847F-895A10D14B60.jpeg
    F7D707D2-C513-4087-847F-895A10D14B60.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 38
opacheco said:
I got the schematic from peavey directly now!

Well, a BIG APPLAUSE to Peavey!!!!!!

Rarely I get a schematic to repair a piece of equipment directly from the company. I always contact them first but 90% of times they reject to provide or sell the schematic

As Service Manuals seem also to be something that is disapearing

Whoops said:
Well, a BIG APPLAUSE to Peavey!!!!!!

Rarely I get a schematic to repair a piece of equipment directly from the company. I always contact them first but 90% of times they reject to provide or sell the schematic

As Service Manuals seem also to be something that is disapearing

Whoops

The schematics are invaluable tool for me in repair process and the service manuals are dreams in these days!

opacheco

I may be biased but I worked at Peavey for 15 years, last century, so I understand their general support for customer service...

JR

PS; The service department could be strong advocates for customers. As the saying goes "sh__ rolls downhill" so if they are getting inundated with calls about field problems with SKU xyz, they had engineering on speed dial.  When I managed an engineering group I tried to meet with the service guys once a month for their feedback about what was failing in the field, to keep ahead of potential problems.

Latest posts

Back