UTC Transformers

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Winston O'Boogie said:
Another one where the Sowter replacement isn't even the same ratio.

Always much lower DCR too, nothing like the old winding intended to replace.  Hammond appear to be the only company still making old style higher DCR smaller wire gauge small signal transformers. 

EmRR said:
Always much lower DCR too, nothing like the old winding intended to replace.  Hammond appear to be the only company still making old style higher DCR smaller wire gauge small signal transformers.

Interesting. The lights just went on. I’ve developed quite the love for the 850 series over time. Maybe that explains the attraction.

I know Brian Sowter is more than capable of winding transformers that are good replacements for old units so I don't know where the info for his Fairchild  transformers came from?  His units do predate the Drip thing as they were being used by others before Drip was Drip.
Anyway... ?

CJ said:
the 670 outputs are very nice, he did away with some stability issues prevalent in the original chi town iron, but they are $$$!

I assume you're not talking about the original Triad HS-52 outputs on the Fairchild. 

Latest posts

Back