Neve Transformers

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was  wondering about a source for the inductor cores and hardware to make Neve style Eq coils ,
I see CJ mentions a particular core but I couldn't find any reference to it in my searches .

I have an  LO1166 here in front of me ,
measurements are
2 1/4 inch (57mm) wide
1 7/8 inch (48mm) high
stack is 3/4 inch (19mm)

I see a 75EI lam is specified  on CJ's  wind sheet , but when I cross check the size its larger ,
am I lost in translation somewhere between metric and imperial ?

Neve Marinair T-1454 Mic Input
Hi CJ, is the same graph for the neve line and mic inputs on purpose?
asking bc i search for a way if i can use the 1452 as mic/line switchable or padded input.

Ruffrecords, did they really use the toroidal type on the AIR consoles? I have only seen them in 81 / 82 series desks and distro amps. They seem a more "transparent" sound, of course Mr. Martin may have well preferred that after so many years of "colour" !
I do have one VT24499 (affectionately known as the Orange Pumpkin) that I can offer up as a sacrifice if need be.

They really did. AFAIK it was the last transformer Rupert designed for Neve.

Cheers

Ian
Hi Ian, hope its allright to ask here and the thread is kinda fitting.

could you hint me in a direction of using a marinar 1452 for switchable Line/Mic duties?
is that possible? Iam about to do a 1290 + 73 Eq kit and often use line, only sometimes mic.
i would like the old marinair on both duties. Also spaceis very tight in my build

Hi Ian, hope its allright to ask here and the thread is kinda fitting.

could you hint me in a direction of using a marinar 1452 for switchable Line/Mic duties?
is that possible? Iam about to do a 1290 + 73 Eq kit and often use line, only sometimes mic.
i would like the old marinair on both duties. Also spaceis very tight in my build
The T1452 is the same as the 31267 which is meant to be a line input transformer and is normally wired 10K:600 though I believe some people have used the backwards for a mic input.

Cheers

Ian

The T1452 is the same as the 31267 which is meant to be a line input transformer and is normally wired 10K:600 though I believe some people have used the backwards for a mic input.

Cheers

Ian
I have eight 1290's that I build a while back. The first 4 channels have the round can 10468's. The other 4 channels have backwards 31267's. I haven't used them in a while but I think I remember the roundcan's being a little clearer in the top end....while the others had a smoother sound but still fairly clear. I used the 31267's backwards as Joe at JLM mentioned that they have basically the same frequency response as 10468. What do you think Ian?

Back