1 pin PCB wire connector housing options?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ron_swanson

Hello,

I'm working with a PCB board that requires a single wire connection that I'd like ot use some sort of  crimp wire housing to solder pin header connector configuration, but not having much luck finding anything suitable in a one pin configuration. 

While simply soldering the wire to the PCB is an option, I'd like something that allows for easy disassembly when needed without having to un-assemble the PCB  from teh chassis and unsoldering to get easy access to connected boards . 

This is low voltage / current application.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Greg

https://www.tme.eu/en/details/1361.68/solder-terminals-pcb-mount/vogt/
https://www.tme.eu/en/details/1365.61/solder-terminals-pcb-mount/vogt/

ron_swanson said:
Hello,

I'm working with a PCB board that requires a single wire connection that I'd like ot use some sort of  crimp wire housing to solder pin header connector configuration, but not having much luck finding anything suitable in a one pin configuration. 

While simply soldering the wire to the PCB is an option, I'd like something that allows for easy disassembly when needed without having to un-assemble the PCB  from teh chassis and unsoldering to get easy access to connected boards . 

This is low voltage / current application.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Greg
There are too many ways to skin that cat to list them all...

280919-2_tmb.JPG

1217861-1_tmb.jpg

These are not the exact parts I use for the speaker wire connections inside my drum tuner but close enough. IIRC they were originally made by AMP but that company changed hands. (now owned by Tyco I think). 

The connector series is called "faston" ...  you solder the male terminal into the PCB and female end gets crimped to a wire.  These make a robust low impedance connection, perhaps better than you need.

JR

Two-pin connector in mid-air.

Attachments

• P_20200119_192430_1.jpg
    P_20200119_192430_1.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 12
Hi!

Sorry, I guess I should have been clearer in my original post...

The PCB I have is a 3rd party design that I’ve populated.  The PCB has only one through hole connection in place on the design, hence the desire for a single solder pin to PCB connector.  I probably could just drill a second non connecting hole to use a two pin header or tab terminal, or even re-bake a custom PCB board of my own as the circuit is fairly simple and the PCB is small.  That said, finding an appropriate terminal is less time consuming and preferred.

I was stuck on finding a Molex type header, but a single pin tab terminal as suggested in the first reply to this thread is probably the best path here.

Sorry for the confusion and I appreciate everyone’s replies.  I have some one pin solder tab terminals in the mail that will likely fill the bill with a little filing and careful soldering. 

Cheers,
Greg

ron_swanson said:
Hi!

Sorry, I guess I should have been clearer in my original post...

The PCB I have is a 3rd party design that I’ve populated.  The PCB has only one through hole connection in place on the design, hence the desire for a single solder pin to PCB connector.  I probably could just drill a second non connecting hole to use a two pin header or tab terminal, or even re-bake a custom PCB board of my own as the circuit is fairly simple and the PCB is small.  That said, finding an appropriate terminal is less time consuming and preferred.

I was stuck on finding a Molex type header, but a single pin tab terminal as suggested in the first reply to this thread is probably the best path here.

Sorry for the confusion and I appreciate everyone’s replies.  I have some one pin solder tab terminals in the mail that will likely fill the bill with a little filing and careful soldering. 

Cheers,
Greg
The faston pins I use only need one PCB hole...(I couldn't find the right picture easily).

If this is for a one-off build,  PM me with your street address and I will mail you a few mating pairs.  I use these in production so have more than a few sitting around....

JR

Latest posts

Back