610 Input

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pri ind graph

shields being shorted to sec splice seems to have upset the linkage, thus we have some weirdness

Attachments

• ua 610 h vs V.png
    ua 610 h vs V.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 26
sec inductance came out a little better,

3000 Henries means the Ni alloy is pretty good, perm = 140,000 at 20 hz

Attachments

• ua 610 input sec ind.png
    ua 610 input sec ind.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 23
here is the print, it does look like the WOB input,  turns are slightly different, wire size is the same,

there are a few tweaks in the secondary winding that we will not post out of respect for Cine mag who is still making great transformers,  one tweak involves the way the wire is laid down, the layers are not even.

thanks to Mike for making this possible!

sorry we could not salvage this guy,

Attachments

• UA 610 Input.png
    UA 610 Input.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 73
Thanks for the autopsy C.J. 
In all the time I was at U.A. there would have been a few thousand of these transformers  from Cinemag used in products and I don't ever remember one of them having a fault.  They were very consistent. 

I like that you've kept some of the winding info off the print out of respect for Cinemag,  they make good stuff and their pricing is fair. 

Cheers

I guess its only fair to keep their sauce secret , these,in contrast to  the other transformers are currently produced by the manufacturer, on the other hand even if we did have the exact turns recipe we still couldnt get the lams to be able to make them.

might be cheaper just to buy one from cinemag,

add up the core, the bobbin, the lead wires, the copper for the shields, the mylar insulation, the mylar tape, the potting compound, the copper wire, the mu can, and all the labor to put it together, then you can see what a deal it is just to buy one, and you know it will do what the specs say,

CJ said:
might be cheaper just to buy one from cinemag,

add up the core, the bobbin, the lead wires, the copper for the shields, the mylar insulation, the mylar tape, the potting compound, the copper wire, the mu can, and all the labor to put it together, then you can see what a deal it is just to buy one, and you know it will do what the specs say,

I agree.  I don't know what our pricing is in small quantity directly from Cinemag these days but I bet it's cheaper  than the $131.66  that Mike's client paid UA.

Thanks again C.J. 

Back