There is always that one gimmick at namm

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats the most stupid idea I ever saw in my life ,  how did the reps attempt to  acquit the thinking behind it ?

I see they managed to get Stevie to wear a pair ,just as well he's blind and cant see how stupid they look , why the f**k would anyone want Vu meters slapped on the sides of their head where they cant be seen  , puny battery powered amps in those bluetooth headphones anyway , not something you'd ever want to use on a session .
They should have got 'Nige' from Spinal Tap for the headphone promo , he probably would have been able to explain better the reasoning behind the meters :D

I have to admit I get quite a kick asking otherwise intelligent people to try and justify their usage of FB  in these post CA revelation days.
Today in Ireland we had Tim Cook admit the global tax system governing multinationals is broken , but he still doesnt want to pay Ireland the 14 billion he owes us , and our own  lickspittle government who refuse  to take the money on the public behalf. 
We also had Google suggesting some kind of voulentary  limit on whats being done with AI and marketing,
'dont be evil' ,'do the right thing' my ass.

Heres an interesting collection of stats about facefook,

https://www.omnicoreagency.com/facebook-statistics/

Tubetec said:
I have to admit I get quite a kick asking otherwise intelligent people to try and justify their usage of FB  in these post CA revelation days.
I use FB to keep in touch with people I worked with last century...
Today in Ireland we had Tim Cook admit the global tax system governing multinationals is broken , but he still doesnt want to pay Ireland the 14 billion he owes us , and our own  lickspittle government who refuse  to take the money on the public behalf.
Seriously? Ireland dangled the sweetheart tax deal to suck him in,.... which one is the bad guy? (google "beggar thy neighbor").
We also had Google suggesting some kind of voulentary  limit on whats being done with AI and marketing,
'dont be evil' ,'do the right thing' my ass.
your what?
Heres an interesting collection of stats about facefook,

yup... I am shocked... (note: I did not click because I already think social media sux, glad I'm old, tag you are it. ).

JR

Tubetec said:
Stats are meaningless.
I'm part of the "62% of online Seniors aged 65+" that have a FB account, but I use it exclusively for advertising gigs, that's about twice a month. I never go to FB with my cell phone, 'coz I can't read the small screen.
And I'm sure there are millions FB users that have nothing in common with the stereotype.

Sweetheart deals or not ,  Europe says he owes us the money , if we dont collect they might anyway .
Apples Irish Hq is located just up the road from me , Its a pretty rough neighbourhood and the only reason initially it survived was it employed many locals , that was way back in the day , now the whole Hollyhill opperation is a glorified call centre and its mostly migrant workers not locals anymore.

I meant the stats to be taken with a proverbial grain of salt , of course you could quite easily find two experts with completely different interpretations of the same so called facts .

First person I saw with a mobile phone was the owner of a large PA system rental company I worked for on a few gigs , didnt pay very well , but I did get to work on a  Rory Gallagher gig and got a nod and thanks from the man himself afterwards , as for the rentals guy , he wound up doing a long stretch in slammer for being a nonce, I spotted him years later after his release in my local blues bar , he had a  well known paramilitary hardman from the north as minder along with him  :-X

Taste, Born on the wrong side of time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU_zQae2_HU

Tubetec said:
Sweetheart deals or not ,  Europe says he owes us the money , if we dont collect they might anyway .
Apples Irish Hq is located just up the road from me , Its a pretty rough neighbourhood and the only reason initially it survived was it employed many locals , that was way back in the day , now the whole Hollyhill opperation is a glorified call centre and its mostly migrant workers not locals anymore.
clearly a sham tax avoidance strategy...  That said money hungry large governments see all the income big tech is generating and wants their cut...

Microsoft already went through a round of this years ago, but now google, facebook, apple, and other cash cows have a target on their back. The scary part is what happens after big tech pays off these governments for protection against smaller competition.

JR
I meant the stats to be taken with a proverbial grain of salt , of course you could quite easily find two experts with completely different interpretations of the same so called facts .

First person I saw with a mobile phone was the owner of a large PA system rental company I worked for on a few gigs , didnt pay very well , but I did get to work on a  Rory Gallagher gig and got a nod and thanks from the man himself afterwards , as for the rentals guy , he wound up doing a long stretch in slammer for being a nonce, I spotted him years later after his release in my local blues bar , he had a  well known paramilitary hardman from the north as minder along with him  :-X

Taste, Born on the wrong side of time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU_zQae2_HU

Well...this gave me a huge laugh!

I know some are saying "maybe there's something to this" but...damn! I think not! How the freak is one supposed to see the VU meters? I know I know captain obvious but...wow.

Would that they had spent that money on better drivers or some other aspect of sound...

Maybe when you hear the needle hit the pin, you know to crank it more until the needle stays on the pin. Then it is loud enough.

Now that you mention it Youngwhisk the sound of the needle clothes-lining the meter end stop I do remember
across the other side of the control room or behind the door to the machine room no worries
that 'tic' sound a few cm away from the  eardrum, superimposed on the music your trying to listening to is a preposterous suggestion. Might be worth throwing  a CV into Ashdown Eng. they seem a little short of inspiration  ;D

squarewave said:
That's exactly what I said about Facebook and look how that turned out.

abbey road d enfer said:
And what about putting a camera into a telephone?

Both of those things are useful, and came to fill people's needs.

Having a VU in headphones has no use and doesn't fill any need besides a short trend and different design in an already saturated headphone market.

After they sell a limited number of headphones, they will probably change to have a tube in each headphone, a 6L6 is nice, more bling bling

Lol, I love it. I'm gonna make some with fish tanks and a live goldfish in each ear. HEY real babel fish! I'm gonna be rich...

Latest posts

Back