Midas XL200 Service Manual needed

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jensenmann said:
Problem solved  :)
thanks a lot!

Did you find a schematic? I have a midas xl200 with failure. After having the console on for a while come noises lite "poff" and the power supply will shut down. After a few hours rest the PSU can start normally again. Was this something you experienced? Could it be regulators in the PSU overheating, and why?

catosalsa said:
Did you find a schematic? I have a midas xl200 with failure. After having the console on for a while come noises lite "poff" and the power supply will shut down. After a few hours rest the PSU can start normally again. Was this something you experienced? Could it be regulators in the PSU overheating, and why?

I have the service manual. Drop me a pm with your email.
The entire system is much too complex to know the fault from your description. Remove as many channels as possible and reinsert them one after another to find the channel which makes the PSU shut down. I´d have a look into the PSU first, though.

I have the service manual. Drop me a pm with your email.
The entire system is much too complex to know the fault from your description. Remove as many channels as possible and reinsert them one after another to find the channel which makes the PSU shut down. I´d have a look into the PSU first, though.
Hi Jensenmann,

I also have a Midas XL200 in need of service. Would it be possible to get the service manual?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Sjors

Hi Jens,

Thanks a lot! That’s very helpful! At this point, I might need to replace some faders. I know the faders can be calibrated to their 0db point. Do you know what the procedure is for that? I wasn’t really able to find out how that works. And what kind of solution do you have for the subboards of the inserts and direct outs?

Cheers!

Sjors

Page 36 in the service manual describes it roughly.
A friend made a replacement board which uses THAT linedrivers and recievers instead of the original circuit. No more electrolytics in the signal path. That´s an audible improvement since the original thickfilm subboard cannot be recapped.

Page 36 in the service manual describes it roughly.
A friend made a replacement board which uses THAT linedrivers and recievers instead of the original circuit. No more electrolytics in the signal path. That´s an audible improvement since the original thickfilm subboard cannot be recapped.
Thanks! That’s a cool mod! Are the replacement boards for sale anywhere?

We currently have a bunch of working prototypes. Due to the job-situation of the other guy involved we haven´t done a PCB order yet. Let me know in case you´re interested in some boards and I´ll get back to you when we´re planing to order. The board is SMD, though.

Latest posts

Back