Servicing an ADT console

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

living sounds

I'm in the process of aquring an older ADT 5MT-S. It is in working order, has been recapped 5 years ago (and only seen sporadic use since then). No automation, just two VCA busses, 4 band EQ, no dynamics section. According to the seller (who seems like a very nice guy by all acounts and only sells the console because it doesn't get much use these days) there are the usual quirks now and then that come with an older console, but no big problems. Some but not all schematics come with the console and he said he called the ADT owner Karl Juengling before, who has the schematics memorized and always helped him out.

Does anybody here have experience with these desks? Any reason to stay away from it? Thanks!

Go for it. 5MTs are complex but ADT (Gerd, not Karl) is very helpful. I have a C Series in my dayjob and I would not want to trade it for any other console. None.
If you have specific questions shoot me a pm and we can talk on the phone.

I have schematics for my desk (48x C05E channels). It´s this one:
5MTC56_1280.jpg

EQ + filters are very versatile. What I really love is the 30kHz shelving band.

I'd be very interested in the schematics, of course.  8)

The console I am looking into buying hasn't got shelving bands, but 4 fully parametric Wien bridge type EQs and a highpass as well as a lowpass, both continously variable.

I can post pictures from the inside next week if I get it and people are interested.

I will have an ADT MT5 C series console soon. I have a lot of questions about the capabilities and use of this great German mixer (as far as I've heard it's compared to SSL. apparently not in vain). Where can I go for a consultation? Thank you in advance.

Back