PcbStac 1.0.5 PCBs

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo Deadly

Does anyone in the US lower 48 want a few of these PCBs? I was going to post this in the WhiteMarket but I'm not selling boards and never will. I'm giving theses puppies away and I'm going to pay USPS envelope rate which I'm assuming should only be a dollar or so.

IMG_4302.png

I have ~8-9 of each of these 11 boards:

LA3A Gain Reduction Amp / Autoformer Drive
LA3A T4B / Autoformer
Pultec EQP1 Filter / Controls
Neve Input Transformers
Neve BA283 AV Gain Stages
Neve BA283 AM Output Driver
Neve Output Transformer
Dual Voltage Regulator
Pultec HLF-3C
Transformer Input/Output
THAT120X/THAT1646 Input / Output

Here's a PDF of the schems:

PcbStac 1.0.5 Schematic PDF

And here's a PDF of the gerbers:

PcbStac 1.0.5 Layout PDF

Note: To really view the schematics and layouts close up, you have to download the PDF and zoom in 400%+.

ERRATA:

The second transistor base (center pin) is incorrectly connected to the 3k3. It should be connected to the collector of the first transistor as shown in the following graphic:

NeveOutFix0.png

The recommended fix is to float the middle lead of the transistor and use a small piece of bus wire to bridge the circuit.

The TVS diodes SMBJ15CA are pretty high capacitance (although it didn't stop Rane from using them). There are now low capacitance TVS diodes like CDSOD323-T12C-DSL. The package is much smaller but with care they should fit. Or just leave them out (the THAT chips have decent protection already).

Hi
thank you so much for the nice offer.
I've just pm you, would like some this if possible:

Neve Input Transformers
Neve BA283 AV Gain Stages
Neve Output Transformer

squarewave said:
Sorry Whoops, US lower 48 only. I don't want to collect payments so letter rates only.

Ohh, I'm sad sad sad

Well if you change your mind, please let me know.
I would pay all the shipping costs

Thank you

The 4.7x1.5 inch boards weigh about 0.25 ounces and according to the Internet a "forever" stamp is good up to 1 ounce. I recon I can put 5 in a standard envelope and drop it in the mailbox. Nice and easy. No payments. No disappointments. So for now let's just set the limit at 5 and spread the free love around.

Send me a PM with the 5 boards you want and your USA lower-48 address and then ...

Note that some of these boards are designed to be "stacked" together (thus "PcbStac") and connected by headers / receptacles. For example, if you look closely at the Neve Output Transformer board, there are 3 wirepads next to pin 1 of the transformer. Those wirepads line up with wirepads in the Neve BA283 AM Output Driver so that you can put long breakable headers on one board and then a header receptacle on the other and plug them together sort of like in this graphic (of a totally different set of boards):

hdrbridge.png

So with the Neve for example, you could actually stack all 4 together with input transformers sticking out of the "top" and output transformer sticking out of the "bottom" and have one compact assembly (minus the gain switching which is not provided for at all in these boards, you'll have to make up your own gain switching).

But if you don't want the transformer boards, that's perfectly ok.

I just sent out a bunch of envelopes with 2 stamps but after some discussion with the USPS people, it's not crystal clear that they will make it (becuase they're rigid, they're technically a parcel). So cross your fingers ...

If you still have more you can post free stuff in the black market, probably more visibility.  I've done that in the past and it worked well.

Latest posts

Back