Short Video About Jakob Erland / Gyraf Audio

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrDude

Hey guys!

just wanted to leave this here for you:

https://youtu.be/XELFXhLOEGE

it's a short video about Jakob Erland and his brand Gyraf Audio.
I got the chance to shoot and edit the thing and tried my best to condense it into a short sequence.
He's a very impressive, gentle and one of a kind personality full of knowledge, the video could have been 10 times that long ;)

I am far away from being a professional video producer but I hope you can enjoy the video as much as I enjoyed making it!

Cheers!

Thank you "Mr Dude" for making and editing the video.  I think you def succeeded in your goal of condensing the essence ofJacob and Gyraf Audio.
Mr J. Erland:  You will go far...  Much respect. 

Good job man. For real. It seems pro to me. As with many others here; I feel Jakob is kind of an unsung hero. It's nice to see his awesome company and design philosophy get portrayed in a nice light. Especially for those of us who have our undying respect.

Thanks, Felix

..and thanks, guys..

It has taken me forever to realize that Gyraf's customers deserve the chance for getting a better understanding of what/how/why we do when we do. In other words, that marketing does not always require you lying.

Ruari (ruairioflaherty here) pushed me there, patiently and repeatedly - and I'm so very grateful for the chance of grasping this perspective. Does not come easy to me.

As of lately, I have come under German distribution with the von Brönner brothers, people that I trust completely. They consider video material like this a necessary part of building a brand (they already do the German "SessionDesk" studio furniture) - their ideas were so much in line with those from Ruari, that I gave up all resistance.

Above clip is the result of them visiting me in my workshop Aarhus a couple of days. It's never easy, I guess, to see yourself like that - but on the other hand I've already had a couple of instances where it made it much easier to explain what we and our products are about. And then I like the light in the clip. It's like home. Felix "MrDude" definitely has great eyes.

/Jakob E.

That's such a beautiful video, Jakob!  Were those inductors you are winding by hand?  Man, that is such lovely work.  And thank you so much for making the G9 available to us DIYers.  I built two (one with Lundhals and one with OEPs).  I use them daily and just plug my guitar straight in for such a great tone.

Thanks Mr Dude!

marketing does not always require you lying.

Heh, work speaks for itself...but good to pair it to a face!  Thanks again for your kind and generous contribution to the community over the years.

/Cheers

Nice video.  I've met Jakob a couple times at namm and this does a good job of capturing him imo.  You can tell he is a genuine guy with a passion for audio. His gear is also refreshingly unique and innovative, which I think is something that should definitely be marketed and emphasised more.

MrDude said:
Hey guys!

just wanted to leave this here for you:

https://youtu.be/XELFXhLOEGE

it's a short video about Jakob Erland and his brand Gyraf Audio.
I got the chance to shoot and edit the thing and tried my best to condense it into a short sequence.
He's a very impressive, gentle and one of a kind personality full of knowledge, the video could have been 10 times that long ;)

I am far away from being a professional video producer but I hope you can enjoy the video as much as I enjoyed making it!

Cheers!

Nice!

Well done, Felix.
Well done, Jakob :)

As a Gyraf user I have to point out how good these products are. I have a G3, G10 and G23 in daily use and they always put a smile on my face.

Thank you for putting that together @MrDude!
GroupDIY may not be here today if I never stumbled upon an obscure  (at the time) Gyraf webpage about DIY experiments with a popular VCA compressor...It's hard to believe that was almost 2 decades ago!
That's great Jakob! Keep doing what you're doing!

Latest posts

Back