Neumann WV2a - phono preamp

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No experience, but I found a reasonably readable schematic:

neumann-wv2-schem_med_hr.jpeg

Those things are with a lot of money. I'd think twice about modifying it. Because of that unit the Neumann VG1 amplifier racks are unaffordable as cutting racks. The phono pre is worth more to audiophiles than the complete rack is worth to cutters.

BluegrassDan said:
The guys who own it want it back in shape for sale. It was part of a whole collection of cutting lathes and other stuff from the 50s. I’m gonna give it a quick look over for them.

If there is a list of "other stuff" for sale I'd like to take a look at it.

BluegrassDan said:
Sure thing. These guys are selling off as much stuff as possible to help pay for rebuilding their old Neumann lathe.

I have restored a lot of Neumann lathes. I have a lot of little hard to find things.

I hope the lathe guys have a supply of lacquers.  Otherwise they just have a huge doorstop.

Br

I know it's weird that the day before you posted that news, I had joined the Steve Hoffman forum. I know.... whatever...There is some decent info there....But anyway I made my first post a link to that news from here and they deleted my post.... What the heck??

I thought it was relevant...lol

Back