How to get into the High-Z part of an AKG C28?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RuudNL

I have an AKG C28c for repair, but I don't trust the polarisation resistors (2 x 200 M in series) and the grid resistor (also 2 x 200 M in series).
Now the problem is that these components are in a closed compartment between the amplifier circuit and the capsule head.
But I didn't find a way to get into that compartment...
I tried to uncrew it, but without success. (I don't want to use brute force!)
So, who knows how to get access to the resistors and the capacitor inside this 'magic box'?

Attachments

• AKG_C28_High-Z.jpg
    AKG_C28_High-Z.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 28
You probably also came across this, and not sure if it's any help, but...

http://www.saturn-sound.com/images%20-%20microphones/akg%20c28%20-%20component%20parts.jpg

Yes, I saw this before.
The picture suggests that this part is screwed on, but I can't remove it with reasonable force...
(Maybe this is the result of being 60 years on the same place.  ;) )

If it seems seized try using some acetone on where you think the threads is.  This is what I use when I service old nikon camera lenses.  If there is thread lock or something like that it is very effective

Also acetone is the only thing I know that will deal with Superglue, or cyano-acrylate glues, whatever their brand name.
Kindest regards,
zephyrmic

Hi,

attached you find an exploded view drawing of the C28 that should help.
No need to dissolve anything with acetone here.

If you are not completely sure you can do that repair without causing  irreversible damage better send it to Mike Amon at mikrofonservice.at
He´s very familiar with  Austrian  mics and knows what he is doing.

Attachments

• c28_exploded_6072.JPG
    c28_exploded_6072.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 32
Back