32-4-2 Ch Each With Transformer 19" Rack Summ Box , What The Weight ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r2d2

Hi everybody ,
am i wrong  , or did I understand correctly about this summ unit  ?
https://heritageaudio.net/catalogue/mcm32/

cheers

Check out the user manual
https://www.heritageaudio.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/MCM-32-user-manual.pdf

Four audio  transformers are used in master section (in two 1073 type mic preamps), where passive summing is used for signals from subgroups.

r2d2 said:
passive pan  ?

Almost certainly. It is just about possible. I drew up a scheme for this some time ago. I will see if I can find it.

Cheers

ian

I found it (see attachment)

Attachments

• BalancedPassiveMixerWithPan.pdf
    31.6 KB · Views: 15
ruffrecords said:
Almost certainly. It is just about possible. I drew up a scheme for this some time ago. I will see if I can find it.

Cheers

ian

I found it (see attachment)

much thanks for post Ian ,

it mean that it require a 3 deck pot ?
(1 for in gain and 2 for L-R pan)

cheers

Ps:
sodderboy said:
Dang, I love their BT-500!

Mike

…...radio frequencies and electromagnetism  ( smartphones , wi-fi , blutooth , DAB , DVB , Military Transmissions , & co.)
are frying  the brains……
…check hair if they are normal or electrified ...

radio frequencies and electromagnetism  ( smartphones , wi-fi , blutooth , DAB , DVB , Military Transmissions , & co.)

Ya was thinking about my console and do I want that module in the board.  It’s for playing a phone into a monitor section.  I was thinking the other way playing into a smartphone iPad and such so opposite use.    In post production ,  you have people that want to review some online spot all the time .  More useful for that to play into your system.  Making commercials is probably bad for your health also.  I’m glad to say goodbye to that profession.

r2d2 said:
much thanks for post Ian ,

cheers

Well if you want a dual concentric control then one pot has to be a single pot and the other a dual. If you were building one yourself you could use separate pots; a dual for the pan amd a single for the fader.

Cheers

ian

ruffrecords said:
Well if you want a dual concentric control then one pot has to be a single pot and the other a dual. If you were building one yourself you could use separate pots; a dual for the pan amd a single for the fader.

Cheers

ian

mor thanks for post Ian ,

from what the "MCM"  image show the knob in the center is the gain
ans the "ring" the panpot m,
(or i'm wrong ? )
cheers

r2d2 said:
Not necessarily. There is a way to use a single deck pot as a panpot...
...but I really wouldn't recommend it. Passive mixing is already pushing the limits of noise performance (for a large count of channels), you don't want to add more attenuation before hitting the active stage.

r2d2 said:
mor thanks for post Ian ,

from what the "MCM"  image show the knob in the center is the gain
ans the "ring" the panpot m,
(or i'm wrong ? )
cheers

I think that is right. Neve used dual concentric controls a lot. The outer control has a hollow shaft for the knob. The shaft of the separate centre pot is fed through the hollow shaft.

Cheers

Ian

Latest posts

Back