• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

BLACKSPADE UM17B with Thiersch Blueline Capsule and AMI BV8LP Pair Available

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lelandletham

For Sale, pair available if needed, four were made for this Studio with Thiersch Blueline capsules and the ami bv8lp transformer etc.  Rare mics, the owner consulted with Oliver Archut about these.

Description
These were hand built for my studio. This is the top of the line version of this mic. These mics out perform the price by a lot. Hands down one of the best I have ever had in the building. I have three and don’t need them all anymore.  Same circuit as the Telefunken ak47 but with a far superior capsule. If you are interested in a matched pair let me know.

Equipped with Thiersch Blueline PVC capsule. Theirsch built capsule for Neumann back in the day and actually has the original machines from the factory.  google him, he's the guy.

The transformer is a BV8LP, a smaller version of the BV8 transformer used in the Neumann U47. Built by Oliver at Tab-Funkenwerk.  He designed and built trasnformers for Telefunken until he passed away a few years ago. 

Do not confuse this with the cheap china capsule model. If it doesnt say UM 17B it's not the one. This is a whole other beast. They just used the same enclosure to get a good street price. Handmade microphone. No factories / no Chinese shams.

Rycote shock mounts included

M49 based amplifier

Handbuilt in Switzerland

These are very rare mics.

$1800 each

Latest posts

Back